Review | Love 3CE Baby Glow Cushion

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Hi everyone! image How have you all been?
Yes, I know, I know. It's been a VERY long time since my last blog post but I haven't forgotten about this blog at all! If you follow me on any of my social medias, I have been pretty busy with school, work, and travelling as I was in Korea and Japan for the past month. I have been a bit more active on my Youtube channel so I felt bad for kind of abandoning this blog as it's my pride and joy so it's time for a revival!

Today's review is going to be on one of the products I purchased in Korea, Stylenanda's Love 3CE Baby Glow Cushion. If you guys don't know, 3 Concept Eyes is probably my favourite cosmetic brand ever! Not only is the packaging cute, but the makeup products are really nice especially the lipsticks which are my favourite. This is my first time trying a face product from them so I was very intrigued! Obviously I was reeled in by the super cute packaging which is reminiscent of the toy makeup you would play with as a child.
Product description:
  • Ultrafine pigments, high-glossy oils, and low molecular hyaluronic acid delicately and flawlessly caress the skin, presenting you with a baby-soft face that glows from within.
  • Ultra-creamy texture as rich as a facial cream
  • Achieve soft baby skin that glows from within
  • Mild makeup that soothes the skin
  • Zero darkening
  • SPF 50+ and PA+++
Ingredients:
Water, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Lauryl PEG-10 Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Pearl Powder, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Cetearyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Vinegar, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance(Parfum), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499)

Loving the details!
First thing I noticed is the puff. The band is a wide elastic which fits well on the hand and doesn't slip which I find a lot of puffs with thinner bands often do. 
The cushion sponge emits a lot of product initially because it's kind of thicker so you want to be careful that you don't get too much product on your puff! image
I will say that I am pretty disappointed in the colour range! imageThis cushion only is available in two shades, 001 and 002, which is pretty normal for a lot of Korean makeup brands to only have two shades. I, of course, got the darkest of the two thinking it would be the equivalent of No. 23 shades (it even says it on the website that 002 is recommended for No.23 shades). But when I compare it with my other cushions, it's so light! It's lighter than my Laneige No. 21 BB cushion! Not only that but the undertone is pinkier compared to my No. 21 cushion and I'm a warm undertone.
Top: without cushion // Bottom: with cushion
So yeah, I look like a fucking ghost with this cushion on lol I look SO ashy.image I'm going to have to wear this in the fall/winter time when I'm a bit lighter than I am right now.
But besides the shade being totally off, I do really like the finish this cushion foundation gives me. I don't know why but I originally thought because of the "glow" in the name I thought it would be a light coverage foundation. Much to my surprise, it provides a medium coverage.
It also provides a nice, healthy looking glow without looking too greasy like a lot of other glowy cushions. 

Here's how it looked throughout the day and after a lot of bronzer to help match the rest of the body:
Throughout the day, it managed to look fresh which I was surprised about because I was sure this was gonna wear off really easily especially since I'm a bit more combo in the summer time and it's been over 100 degrees where I live so I've been sweating a lot.
The claims about it having "zero darkening" I would have to say is true since I was looking sort of ashy the entire day lol. I kinda wished it oxidized since it's so light but for you people who this shade will match perfectly, you don't have to worry about oxidization.

I will mention one more gripe I have with this cushion though even though I am loving the formula: I hate how they don't sell refills!!!!image This cushion is $34 which is around the same price as other great cushions like Laneige and IOPE so for it to be selling at that price I would expect them to sell refills but they don't! Like why?? You think I'm gonna just repurchase the entire cushion case again? Absolutely not!
What also sucks is that I can't really fit any of my other cushion refills in this so I truly can't reuse this case. So if you're listening, Stylenanda: PLEASE SELL REFILLS!

imageLikes:
- SPF 50+ PA+++
- Medium coverage
- Beautiful glowy finish that doesn't look greasy
- Doesn't oxidize
- Super cute pink packaging!
- Puff provided is a lot nicer than other puffs I've used in other cushions
- Works well with my combo skin

imageNot-so-likes:
- Shade range is off and booty
- No refills available!!!!

It's a real shame they don't sell refills because despite the off colour range, I would have happily repurchased this as it would have been my ideal foundation for the winter time but since they don't, I'll just have to wait to use this in the winter time. At least I'll actually be the right shade for this in that time.
But despite my own personal dislikes for this cushion, if you fit the shade range I think this would be a great cushion option for you! Just be careful of falling in love with this if you aren't willing to spend another $34 on this to repurchase like me.image

I hope you guys enjoyed this review and found it helpful! I have been trying a lot of the stuff I brought from Korea and Japan out so look forward to more reviews soon!

Just some little things I have to say before I sign off: I have been getting back into EXO after a couple of years since they came back with a new album. I really do like The Eve but I am upset that there is no Lay!! Like I understand he's probably busy with Chinese promotions but why couldn't SM hold that off so he could promote with his members? Plus he's suuuuuuper hot. He would have looked so cute with the Kokobop concept.

Like seriously.....image
I don't know, I'm just super salty because it seems like people are forgetting that he's even still in EXO. I would think they'd be more careful since they already lost three Chinese members (I'm still upset over that too lol) and Lay is the last one.

Anyways, that's all I have to say. I hope you guys all have a great rest of your week!

xx,
Lily

Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money (even though I was broke af in Korea lol) and all opinions are my own! Keeping it real since forever!!!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thank you for the review Lily! I am looking for a new cushion to purchase for the upcoming school year because I am so annoyed from using liquid foundation and my fingers. I probably won't pick this up because it is waay to light for me. I have used Laneige before and I really liked it, so I will probably buy the refill of that because I have the compact.

    I already discussed this with you on Insta, but one thing Lay said that got me right in the feels is that he needs to go back to Korea because he has 8 brothers waiting for him. I don't know but that gets me every time I read it. I miss him ;_;

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame this cushion is so crazy light because it would have been a great all around cushion for lots of people! Laneige is soo good but it's not as easily accessible for me anymore since they took it out of Target. :( I'll just have to buy it online.

      Lay is such a sweetheart. :'( I'm rewatching EXO Showtime and I can't get over how adorable he is in it. The show is also making me miss Tao. :/

      Delete

Subscribe