Tattoo Makeup? Secret Key Chubby Jelly Tint Pack & Self Brow Tattoo

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Hi everyone!  How have you all been?
It's been pretty hectic the past couple of weeks juggling work, school, and my social life together so I haven't had much time to blog or test out new products lately but I do have some very interesting products to tell you guys about today!
Tattoo makeup has been the latest trend in Korea for the past year or so and lots of brands have come out with lip tint tattoos and eye brow tattoos. Secret Key is one of those brands who specialize in temporary tattoo makeup and they are going to be available on Cupidrop very soon!

First product I have is the Chubby Jelly Tint Pack in Candy Orange. If you guys remember my old post, I have reviewed this product in the past in the Cherry Red shade. While I did like it back then, it always made my lips super dry at the end.

The applicator is just the flat plastic typical old school lip gloss applicator where it's kind of hard to apply evenly and without a mess. Secret Key does have a different lip tattoo product with a brush applicator but I haven't tried that one out but I'm very interested in it to see if it works better.

The best way to apply it is to first apply a thin layer of lip balm beforehand. Try not to use a really thick balm. I would do this before you apply your foundation so by the time you get to your lip step in your makeup routine, your lips would have fully absorbed the lip balm. Then you apply the lip pack all over the lips, or if you want to achieve the gradient lip look, only apply in the center of the lips. Wait 10-15 minutes for it to fully dry and then just peel it off. I would apply lip balm afterwards again just in case your lips appear dry.
The results are SO much better than the Cherry Red one I tried a couple of years ago. Even though I applied it sort of messily, it didn't really show up that much in the end results. And the orange colour is perfect and lasts a long time even after eating and drinking which makes it, for me, the perfect date lip product for just in case your significant other or your date doesn't want lipstick all over them.image


Likes:
- Long lasting stain
- Orange shade is less streaky than the red
- High pigmentation
- Won't smudge off or transfer
- Doesn't leave my lips as dry as before

Not-so-likes:
- Can't achieve a clean line (but it's easy to clean it up with a cotton bud)

The next product I have been trying out is the Self-Brow Tattoo. I received the #3 Choco Brown shade which was probably the best match for my hair colour. Right off the bat, if you don't have brunette or dark brown hair, these products won't work for you as you won't find shades in your hair colour.image
I've been interested in these types of eyebrow products since my eyebrows take up so much time in my makeup routine. It's really weird since I can apply eyeliner in less than a minute but it takes me at least 10 minutes to do my brows. So I thought with this eyebrow tint tattoo, I would be able to skip doing my brows giving me plenty of time to do other stuff (like get an extra 10 minutes of sleep in the morning).
Brush applicator
How you apply this is to cleanse your face beforehand and with a clean face, apply the tint in the shape you want your brows to be. What I should have done at first was to apply more product at the tail part of the brows and less in the front since that's how I like my brows to look normally when I fill them in. Then you wait 2 HOURS for this product to set and once the 2 hours have passed, you peel it off from the outside to inside.
I am actually in love with the results! It's not the perfect brow look I usually like but I don't mind filling in my brows a little bit towards the ends since I'm still saving a lot of time not having to do my brows as much as I usually would have to.
I really recommend doing this before you go to sleep because I made the mistake of doing this in the morning and then at night when I would take off my makeup, the brow tattoo came off with my makeup remover. If you do it at night and give it a couple of extra hours throughout the day to set, it won't remove as easily.
When I finally did apply it right and waited, the tattoo lasted for around 5 days for me until it fully faded away. 
I thought I removed some hairs but I didn't

Likes:
- Easy and fun to use
- Longlasting tint
- Doesn't remove any hairs
- No more spending forever doing my eyebrows!
- Fades evenly

Not-so-likes:
- Only for dark hair colours

All in all, these tattoo makeup products from Secret Key have been a success and really helpful and interesting to use! I really recommend trying these products out. Stay tuned to see them on sale on Cupidrop!
Have a great rest of the week you guys!

xx,
Lily

Disclaimer: These products were sent to me for review purposes by Cupidrop. All opinions are my own. Keepin it real

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. That lip tint looks pretty amazing and that eyebrow tattoo looks really weird but COOL! I really want to try it :)

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty interesting to try out :) I totally recommend it!

      Delete
  2. i have the chubby jelly tint in red, got it in one of my beauteque bags. i have an on/off love/hate realtionship with it because of application problems lol but i do love the stain it leaves behind

    Oreleona | BLISS de la Leona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the red one too but I prefer the orange one a bit more. I definitely need to try the tattoo tint with the brush applicator.

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried tattoo makeup at all yet but your brows look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie! You definitely should. It's been a total timesaver for me these days.

      Delete
  4. ohhh i'm very intrigued by the brow tattoo, its the first one i've seen of those tattoo makeup products (i usually only see lip ones). might have to pick one up for myself haha, thanks x
    Minae ♥ MinaekeiLatest Blog Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great! I think you'll enjoy using it :3

      Delete

Subscribe