Beauty Box Korea Haul + Review

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hi everyone! And Happy St. Patrick's Day!image I'm not exactly sure why St. Patrick's Day is a thing but oh well, the Snapchat filter is hilarious so I'll celebrate it for that.
Anyways, yesterday I received my first package from Beauty Box Korea (yes I'm on a no-buy but I bought this before I went on it!) and usually when I do these haul posts from Korea I always say "finally received" because I'm usually impatiently waiting for my package but this one, I wasn't really impatient with this one because my package arrived in around 2 weeks! And I chose the cheapest shipping method too! So already now I'm impressed with this shop.
  • COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch - I hear a lot about COSRX products and I'll definitely buy more in the future. At the time I was only interested in the acne pimple patches as I thought they would come in handy during those times I get pimples that I want to get rid of right away and I hear the COSRX ones are the best. I'm not hoping to get any pimples to use this but I'm looking forward to seeing how this works.
  • Etude House Play 101 Pencil in #50 - You've probably already heard me raving about the Play 101 pencils in my full review post on the #48 shade so I decided to get one in a matte brown during those days when I don't really want to wear a glittery brown. I bought an extra one for my mom as she needed a new eyeliner and so far she's really impressed with how long-lasting it is!
  • Daiso Poop Puff - It really does look like a poop! Like those cute cartoon ones. Anyways, this is from Daiso but I think it's only available in the Korean ones because I've never seen these ones here. In Korea these seem to be super popular especially with Pony and I was going to order some with my Korean Buddy order but on the Korean Daiso page they were completely sold out! Luckily BBK had them in stock which is initially how I found this site because I was looking for these sponges. I've never really used a sponge like this before so I'm interested to see how they work and make my makeup look. I might have to buy that Beauty Blender soap thing since I don't know how I'll clean this with my regular cleaning method for brushes.
The samples they included were pretty awesome. I'm not that big on Skin79 BB creams but I'll try that out. I'm mostly looking forward to the Missha skincare and the Missha bubble maker! I think it's pretty cool they included that for free. I usually use a konjac sponge to wash my face but I switch between a konjac sponge and my hands and I think the bubble maker will be awesome for the days I don't use a konjac sponge.
If you'd like to hear more about my skincare routine, you can check out this post here.

image REVIEW image
I have to say I'm quite impressed with this shop and am surprised I don't hear much about it online.  The prices are very inexpensive and they have a good selection and range of products, some things that are not even sold on other online shops. It's certainly not the widest range, but I think they're a fairly new site so they're constantly improving and adding in the new arrivals a lot so they're getting there!

As I said in the beginning, I'm very impressed with how quickly things were shipped. Not only did they ship it out within a day but it arrived very quickly too.
Usually when I choose the cheapest shipping method from Korea my packages arrive in like 4 weeks which makes me so impatient (me when shipping takes 4 weeks  but my package arrived in around 2 weeks! I was also provided with a tracking number that still worked even when it was in the United States which TesterKorea didn't provide.
For some people I hear that they don't pay a lot for shipping. Some people on Reddit said they only had to pay $4 and some people who ordered a lot of stuff only paid $9 for shipping but I paid $11.65. I'm not sure if they increased the prices but oh well. I thought they possibly used DHL but I got a USPS tracking number so I have no idea how shipping was so quick!

I think I forgot to mention that they have membership benefits so when you make an account on their site, which is very easy, you receive a 10% discount on products, $5 reward points automatically in your account, and a free gift with purchase which is what I think my Missha bubble maker was. Very worth it!
Did I forget to tell you they pack everything very meticulously and bubble wrap every single thing! They even put bubble wrap inside of my eyeliner box so the pencil wouldn't move around haha!image

It's safe to say that this is my newest favourite online Korean beauty shop and I highly recommend at least trying it out once and taking advantage of their membership benefits.
Even though I'm on a no-buy for the rest of the month until, I'm already configuring my next order from them so right when I'm not on a no-buy anymore, I'll be ordering more.

You guys know how I've been trying out basically every online Korean shop out there and this is definitely my new favourite. Even though TesterKorea has cheaper prices, they take like a week to ship things out and then there's the additional 3-4 weeks for it to arrive. The people at Beauty Box Korea work very quickly and, I mean, I haven't had any experience with customer service yet but other reviewers have stated that the English and communication with them is very good so that's great!

I hope you guys enjoyed this review! I'm always on the search for the best online Korean shop and I think I'm closer than ever to the best.image I highly recommend trying them out!
Thanks for taking the time to read. Hope you all have a great weekend!

xx,
Lily

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Loooove the Daiso Poop Puff :P it also looks like
    a soft serve for some reason haha. Glad to read about
    the fast shipping! xx Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha now that I look at it, it does! A green tea one! And yup, I'm loving the Daiso poop puff as well!

      Delete
  2. I've never tried the Etude House Play Pencils yet but I'm also on the market for some creamy, matte browns / blacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually having some difficulty with the creamy matte Play 101 pencil I bought! It doesn't apply as smoothly as the glitter shade I had before which is strange. It still lasts for a very long time but the application is nowhere near as good as the other colour I have. Pretty disappointing.

      Delete

Subscribe