Asian Beauty Products I Regret Buying

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Hi everyone! How have you all been? image Happy 20th anniversary to Pokemon!
I feel like most of the time I talk very highly about Asian beauty products and, even in general, I don't regret buying a lot of products since I do lots of research prior to purchasing. But there are some Asian beauty products I purchase that are very impulse buys because I get so caught up with cute packaging. I wanted to dedicate a post solely on Asian beauty products that I regret buying either because I'm disappointed in the product or it's just not for me.

First thing is from popular Taiwanese brand, My Beauty Diary Egg White Gommage Peeling Mask (such a long name). Supposedly this is Korean singer, G.Na's favourite but I honestly don't care whose favourite it is since I don't really go off the recommendations from celebrities that much
This mask kinda confused me with "peeling" in the name as it's not a peel-off mask but a scrub mask that exfoliates the skin. The particles are small but I can still feel it on my skin. I'm used to a lot of scrubs and I'm pretty gentle on my face but the scrubs in this product kinda hurt my face but it didn't leave any marks and stuff. There's also a weird unpleasant scent to this product and usually I'm not one who gets bothered by much by scents in products but there are those few exceptions and this is one of them. I can still tolerate it but it does bother me a bit. Not sure it's because of the egg scent. I've made my own egg masks before and never noticed a scent to it but this scrub mask has a weird egg smell. image
It did make my skin soft and smooth which is great and did what it claimed to do. The big issue I have with this product is that it made me break out on my cheeks.image I'm not one who breaks out often and usually when I break out, I get a few bumps on my forehead and nose but never on my cheeks. I only used this once a week and every single time the next day after using the mask, the bumps would be back on my cheeks. 
It seems most people like this mask. I believe it's even been awarded by Get It Beauty but this just didn't work well with me and I'll probably get rid of it and give it to someone else who will enjoy it more than me.

Next is Etude House's Dear Girls Be Clear Pact which is something I bought maybe a year ago. This is an example of something I bought for the pretty packaging. I think the pretty packaging overpowered the quality of the product for me because I was a bit forgiving of the "meh" quality of this powder because of the cute packaging.
My first issue is that this powder is not a skintone colour. It did say it had a peach tone to it but it's more of a really pale pink.
Does it look anything like that photo?? No. image Also, this powder has shimmers in it which I absolutely hate for all over powders especially since I wanted to use this powder to touch up and get rid of the shine on my face throughout the day. I want to mattify my face, not add some glitters to it. I should have purchased the Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Pact as that would do what I want and probably has no shimmers to it. Next time, I'll buy that. In the meantime, I'll probably throw this powder out or maybe disinfect it and sell it on my Depop.

I'm sure if you're a fan of Korean beauty that you know about Tonymoly's Petite Bunny Gloss Bar and my particular shade is in Neon Red which, if you ask me, is neither neon nor red. There's been lots of hype about this product but now I realize it's because of the cute packaging. I'm really not a huge fan of this. Yes, it is hydrating and has lots of shine but it barely has any colour. It's so sheer and barely shows up on my lips which are already quite pigmented. 
I just feel like this has the same quality and texture of those cheap lipglosses that came in necklaces or rings from childhood but it just has a cuter packaging which is what reels in most of the people. Really not what I was expecting and a bit of an overhyped product in my opinion.image

Now the A'PIEU x Doraemon Holiday Lasting Lip Tint is a different case. I actually love the formula; I'm just not a fan of the colour I got which is CR01 Stay Coral.
On the website, the colour looked a lot more pinky coral as you can see here.
But in person, it's a lot more reddish-orange. image
I'm so sick of how inaccurate the pictures these makeup brands have of the swatches. This sort of coral that leans more towards the reddish-orange really does not look good on my skin. I like orange and red separately on my lips but a mixture of the two really does not look good on me.
Now about the formula, I'm a fan of it. It's a different kind of lip tint as it has a moussey texture so it doesn't really get absorbed into the lips like the normal liquid tints. It also leaves a longlasting stain on the lips.
It's just great formula. Just really unfortunate that the colour didn't look like how it looked in pictures.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and found it helpful. When it comes to products I dislike or regret purchasing, it's not very often but when I hate something, I absolutely hate it and I always have to tell you guys what I've been hating. I just really love talking about things I hate.
Thank you guys for reading! Hope you all have a great weekend!

xx,
Lily

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. O: I was super surprised to see the petite bar on your list! I own 6 of them, but while they are sheer they do give a natural look which I like ^-^ I heard about the rest of the products on your list but don't use it and I think its for the better if I don't pick it up either LOL <3

    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great for a natural look! I just think for me it's a little too sheer for my liking. I think my taste these days are for more pigmented lips than natural.

      Delete
  2. This was a really nice and interesting post to read! It's almost... refreshing after reading countless blogposts everywhere praising Asian beauty products lol. The Tonymoly Bunny thingy is so cute! It's a bummer it's not as good as it looks. Thanks for stopping me from buying every colour. I'm also beginning to think those swatch photos mean next to nothing. I have a lip tint from Tonymoly that was "orange" but turned out more red :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked reading my post! :3 I think the Neon Red shade I have in particular is reallyy sheer. I have a different red colour that has a bit more pigmentation but still too sheer for me but it's a lot better than Neon Red so it doesn't hurt to try it out.
      I also have a different lip tint from Tonymoly that in pictures looked like a deep red but when I got it, it was more bright red pink! I'm so annoyed at these misleading pictures ><

      Delete
  3. Great post! I would totally be fooled into buying this just for it's packaging! hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really need to stop buying a lot of products for the cute packaging and more for the actual product >< I learned from my mistakes and will try my best to stop but we'll see how long that'll last LOL

      Delete

Subscribe