TesterKorea Haul + Review

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Order did not arrive like this. Everything was packaged a lot better haha
Hey everyone! How have you all been? image I hope you all had a great New Year!
I finally received my TesterKorea package yesterday! I only recently discovered about this online shop from the Asian Beauty subreddit and heard many great things about this shop and decided to give this shop a try as I'm on a lookout for my perfect online shop for Korean beauty items.
I'll tell you guys about my experience and review after showing you all the stuff I ordered.

Samples + cute sticker :3
So I only received four samples. I got the same amount from RoseRoseShop when I purchased one item. So far, BeautyNetKorea has given me the most samples but I hear Jolse gives you the most. Samples don't really matter that much to me as long as I get all the stuff. I'm just happy I didn't receive another Tony Moly Banana hand cream sample.image

I'm on a sheet mask kick right now so I ordered a couple. I wanted to buy some Etude House ones but the ones I wanted were sold out so I decided to get an Innisfree one and some from a brand I never heard of, Beauty Friends II. They were really cheap on TesterKorea, probably the best prices I've seen anywhere online! The It's Real Squeeze masks were 950 won which is equivalent to 81 cents in US dollars and the Beauty Friend II masks were 500 won which is 43 cents. Next time, I'm stocking up a LOT on the sheet masks.

Next think I bought was the Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Cushy blusher in #3 Lava Martini. I was sort of confused because there were two different listings for the Dinoplatz Cushy blusher: one for 3,700 won and another for 12,600 won. I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between the two except one listing has a [G] in the title. The more expensive one has all three colours in stock but of course I bought the cheaper one. The same exact thing is sold at Sephora for $23!!! WHY??
I'm not exactly sure if I'll keep this product. I feel like I bought it just because it was so cheap on this website and I just wanted my hands on a Too Cool For School product. I don't even wear blush that often. We'll see!

Next item is the Missha The Style 4D mascara. This was sort of a last minute purchase but I am in need of a new mascara and this is the first Korean mascara I've ever had. The reviews on this product are pretty good so I'm excited to try this out. I'm just hoping it won't smudge and it'll hold a curl since this is also the first non-waterproof mascara I've bought in a really long time.

Like I said before, I'm not a huge blush wearer so I really had no purpose on buying this but the cute Doraemon packaging reeled me in! This is the A'PIEU x Doraemon Pastel Blusher in CR03. I think I'll actually use this a lot since when I swatched it, it looked like a matte version of one of my favourite blushers, the Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso.

The last two things I ordered are, again, from the A'PIEU x Doraemon collaboration. What can I say? I just LOVE Doraemon!image
The one of the left is the Lasting Lip Tint in CR01 and the one on the right is the Jelly Marmalade in Berry. I can already tell the difference between to two formulas even though I haven't tried it out. The Lasting Lip Tint is kinda more moussey in texture while the Jelly Marmalade is, as state in the name, a jelly texture so like your typical liquid lip tint.


imageREVIEWimage

I have to say that I'm really impressed with TesterKorea. They have a really huge selection of makeup and skincare from numerous brands PLUS they have the best prices I've seen for an online Korean beauty shop. Yes, you have to pay for shipping but even compared to other online shops where you have to pay for shipping, the prices here are still the best and unbeatable!

There are a few cons I have. 1) Things go out of stock fast and don't get restocked for a while. I was about to order the Etude House Snowy Dessert Pudding Tint and left it in my cart overnight and the next morning I checked and it was sold out! I'm looking at it now and it appears to still be out of stock. I'll be a bit more lenient due to it being a Holiday collection but even the regular stuff like the Play 101 pencils, many colours are out of stock.
2) Shipping takes a while but that's common with a lot of overseas. It took 3 weeks for my order to arrive which is actually okay. The big gripe I had was that my tracking number went dead after the 18th of December which is when it left the International Post Office so the tracking number is pretty much useless. I did use Registered Air Mail. I don't think K-Packet is worth the extra money so just stick with Registered Air Mail if you're planning on ordering from these kinds of shops.

All in all, I'm really impressed with TesterKorea and plan to reorder again soon even though I'm still in the process of trying out all the different Korean beauty shops. For now, TesterKorea is my number one due to the prices. Is there another Korean beauty online shop that's better?

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I will be trying out all of these products for the next couple of days/weeks so these products will be coming up in future posts.

Thanks for reading! Hope you guys have a great week! I go back to school tomorrow so I'm not exactly sure if I'll be able to post as often as I did but I'll definitely try to get at least one blog post a week but no promises sadly. I'm dreading going back to school.
Anyways, I'll talk to you guys later!

xx,
Lily

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Wahh *O* you got so many goodies! I heard about TesterKorea before but I was scared about the shipping like (paying shipping first for Korea and then paying shipping again to ship to USA) ; I'm glad you liked your experience *O*
    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to pay for 2 separate shippings?? :o I never knew that! Maybe that's why my tracking number went dead. Hmm.. But yeah! I really recommend TesterKorea!

      Delete
  2. I think I've ordered from TesterKorea once, and it went pretty smoothly for me! LOVE your haul, The missha 4D mascara sounds pretty promising!!~ ^^
    Junniku.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I've been trying out the mascara for the past couple of days and I can say already that I'm really impressed! Can't wait to write a full review on it :3

      Delete
  3. Great haul! I love the Innisfree masks though I haven't tried the Strawberry one yet. It sounds yummy! I thought the same thing about the Dinoplatz - can't believe how much it costs on Sephora! It seems like we have really similar taste as well since i was thinking about picking up the same things from A'Pieu ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike ;3 It's crazy how high the markup is for Korean beauty on Sephora! Look at all the stuff I bought from TK which is equivalent to how much the TCFS Dinoplatz blusher is on Sephora! Hopefully people realize that there are cheaper sites online or else they're getting screwed!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too <3 I can't get enough of them

      Delete
  5. I ordered at least 3 times your amount (in cost)and received 5 samples. '_'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I guess they lack in the sample department :( I believe Jolse gives a TON.

      Delete

Subscribe