Review | Missha The Style 4D Mascara

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Hey everyone! How have you all been?image
I've been well even though I'm a week through with winter quarter, I'm really enjoying school right now so that's good.
Today's review is going to be on the Missha The Style 4D mascara, one of the items I ordered from TesterKorea (my haul post here). I've heard many great things about this mascara and I haven't tried any Korean mascaras before. I guess you can say I was sort of afraid to use it because I'm so used to my drugstore waterproof mascaras and I haven't seen many waterproof Korean mascaras but this was so cheap (3,300 Won) so it didn't hurt to try.
I know there is a different kind of mascara called the 3D Mascara instead of 4D but I'm not exactly sure what the difference is but it's obvious the 4D is the newest and improved version.
"eyebrow"??
The packaging is really slim as you can see compared to a regular normal sized drugstore mascara.
The brush is just as slim as the tube and I'm a big fan of the regular bristles since usually, these kinds of bristles give me the best results on my lashes compared to the plastic bristle brushes.
Because the brush is so thin, it's easy to coat every lash including the inner and outer corners and it's also good for my small eyes.
The formula is also on the dryer side which is great for holding the curls and also, I'm not a fan of the wetter formulas (i.e. Maybelline Falsies).
I wouldn't say these pictures are a good depiction of what the results look like because in person it looks a lot better but you can still see that this mascara gave me good volume and decent length, not the best lengths I've seen but it has given me the best results for my bottom lashes because of the thin brush being able to get close to the roots.
I did notice that it did bring down the curl a little but it wasn't drastic or anything.

Throughout the day, I did notice some flakes from the mascara but I think it was due to me rubbing my eye because I forgot I was wearing mascara. Other than that, no smudges and no wearing off even when I was testing this out during the big El Niño storm because the mascara still looked almost as good as it was freshly applied.

This mascara was the least difficult mascara to remove considering it is waterproof. I use a makeup wipe but people have said they just used soap and water and it removed easily. 

imageLikes:
- Great volume
- Super cheap!!! (Less than $3)
- Slim brush to get every lash
- No smudges
- Doesn't make my lashes feel crunchy
- Waterproof
- Looks great all day
- No clumping

imageNot-so-likes:
- Not the best length for my lashes
- Flakes a bit
- Brings down the curl a little

Despite the few dislikes, I really like this mascara, possibly enough for it to be my new holy grail. If I run out of this mascara and I know for sure I probably will due to the thin tube, I'll be happy to buy multiple backups of this.

I hope you guys enjoyed this review and found it helpful. I have a paper due in a few hours online so that's all I have to say for now. I'll talk to you guys very soon!

xx,
Lily
image

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm so glad this mascara worked for you :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! After your post I was afraid that it would perform the same on me as it did on you. Luckily it didn't and it turned out well. But now that I look back on your post, I feel like there's something different between the mascaras we got because the brush on mine looks pretty different compared to yours. :o

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Miss Manga is actually pretty good!

      Delete

Subscribe