My Makeup RoutineWednesday, January 20, 2016
Hi everyone! How have you all been?
It's been an alright week for me. I've been caught up with tons of school work but I think I've been doing well keeping up. Speaking of school, I finally picked up my high school diploma last week even though I graduated back in June. After I graduated, I just wanted to leave right away and didn't bother picking up my diploma! It's not like I would ever use it anyways, right?
Anyways, today's post is gonna be my makeup routine. I don't wear makeup everyday especially to school because I don't really care about trying to look my best and I barely have time in the morning to get ready since I leave the house by 6:45am to beat traffic but this is the look and the products I use whenever I do wear makeup, usually when I go see friends, family, and whoever else is important.
Here's how I look barefaced. Quite the difference, right? My dark circles have been getting worse these days and I'm not exactly sure why. I think it's time to invest in a good eye cream.
- A'Pieu Air-Fit Cushion (Review) - This has been my everyday base foundation. Sometimes I'll switch it up between the L'Oreal True Match foundation which I mix in with a moisturizer to make it sheerer as a tinted moisturizer but about 90% of the time I will go with the cushion. I don't put this all over my face so I just focus it on the center.
- Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach - This really has been a game changer in my makeup routine. I've always heard Emilynoel83 talk about this product and how amazing peach toned concealers are for dark circles. This really made a huge difference in my under eyes because no matter how much concealer I used, my dark circles still managed to show up. I use less concealer now because of this.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Neutral Medium - Even though the label rubbed off, I'll still remember the name of this. This has been one of my favourite concealers of all time and I still haven't finished this up even though I've had this for years (I know it's probably unhygenic). This has full coverage but still looks really natural and hydrating. I highly recommend this concealer.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Sandstorm - I recently picked this up because I was in desperate need of a skintoned powder. I only had a transparent blotting powder and I felt like that gave me a white cast. This isn't like super amazing or anything. I think I prefer the Maybelline Dream Wonder powder but this was cheap and it'll do the job for now.
- Makeup Revolution All About Bronzed Palette (Review) - I'm not the biggest fan of this if you saw my review post on this but I'm still using it up. I marked the shades I use. I use the middle shade to contour my face, the first warmer shade for my forehead, and the baked highlight shade to highlight my cheeks.
- Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Cushy Blusher in #3 Lava Martini - I mentioned this in my Tester Korea haul and I decided to keep it. I'm really glad I did because the colour is so pretty! You can't really tell in the picture of my face but in person the colour is more obvious. You'll see in a future review post.
- Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil in Grey Brown - My eyebrows are so weird by itself so I always have to fill them in. I do the Korean eyebrow style of course because that's my preference. I like the other more arched brow styles but I don't think it suits me the best.
- Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base - I don't apply any foundation or concealer on my eyes so this base helps neutralize my eyelids since my eye area is darker than the rest of my face.
- ELF Little Black Beauty Book in Festive Everyday - I couldn't find the version I used. Mine is half colorful shades and half natural browns so I stuck with the natural shades. I marked the ones I used. I don't do heavy eyeshadow looks. You probably can't even tell in the photo above that I am wearing eyeshadow besides the undereye highlight which is a different product. I like the warmer browns since I don't think cool tone browns work well with my eyes.
- LASplash Illuminating Eyeshadow in Champagne - I change up the undereye highlight shade a lot but I use this one a lot. The Champagne shade isn't available anymore but it's a pretty generic colour so it's easy to dupe.
- Etude House Play 101 Pencil in #48 (Review) - I do a sort of downward wing eyeliner shape to lengthen my eyes and apply it in the inner corners. I really love this brown with gold flecks in it since I think it brings more dimension to my eyes. And if you read my review on this, you guys will know this is my favourite eyeliner. It doesn't move at all!
- Missha The Style 4D Mascara (Review) - This has been my daily mascara these days. It's the only mascara I can trust to not smudge on my bottom lashes.
LIPS: (I change my lip colour depending on how I'm feeling)
- Etude House Dear My Wish Lip Talk in RD302 - This is a dark burgundy red that Sam from Color Crush gave me! This is really the only winter/fall appropriate fall colour I have in my collection so I've been choosing this one a lot.
- Nature Republic Triple Volume Tint in 05 Camellia (Review in diff. shade) - This is the one I'm wearing in the picture. It's the only true red tint I have in my collection because the other reds I have are too pink toned.
- A'Pieu Jelly Marmalade in Berry - This is somewhat similar to the Etude House lipstick but brighter. This is another case of misleading pictures because it's not as dark as I would have liked. Still, I like it even though it's not that longwearing as the others.
And that's pretty much it! Pretty long post but that's my makeup routine and all the products I use basically. My main focus is probably the lips since it's always pretty bright.
I apologize how picture heavy this post is! If I was still making videos it would probably be a lot easier to do that. Speaking of videos I know I quit making makeup videos but I've been thinking I might try to make secret unlisted videos that'll only be linked onto my blog. That'll be quite rare though but I've been kind of having an itch to make a video.
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I might do a skincare routine post in the future as well.
Hope you guys have a great week!