Review | Makeup Revolution All About Bronze Palette

Tuesday, December 15, 2015


Hey everyone! How have you all been?image
Today I'm gonna be reviewing Makeup Revolution's All About Bronze palette. This will be my last review for a couple of posts. I've been doing back to back reviews so I think it's time to post some different posts other than reviews.
If you guys don't know, Makeup Revolution is a UK brand that is new to Ulta stores. The Ulta cashier was telling me how Makeup Revolution has exact dupes of a lot of Too Faced products like the heart blushes and Chocolate palette! I picked up the All About Bronze palette as I saw emilynoel83's review video a while ago and I decided I should try out some new bronzers and this one has different shades with highlighters for $10! It didn't hurt to try it out.
They also have a blush palette that looks pretty pretty but I'm not much of a blush wearer. If I was, I'd totally give it a try.


Shade pics on the back are totally different from the actual product
First thing, don't believe that the pictures on the back of the box are accurate. The colours are completely different from the actual product. Not sure who the heck was doing the colour grading??
Also, the top two shades from the left that are listed as "Shimmer" are a lot more satin finished. The rest are accurate.
Bright lighting
The powders are quite soft which I like for the highlighters but I'm not a fan of the texture with the bronzers. They're also quite bigmented because of the soft texture. My brush picks up a lot of product for the bronzers and kind of has a "stamp" application onto the face so I have to work a lot more to blend out the product. Now, I blot off the bronzer onto my hand and then apply it onto my face so it doesn't go on as heavy.
low-light swatches
swatches under sunlight
You can probably tell how orange the bronzers are. They're definitely not a deep brown shade that's suitable for contouring so I don't' recommend using this for contouring. The baked bronzer is an ideal shade for contouring but it has a metallic finish which is DEFINITELY not for contouring. I mean, this palette doesn't claim to be for contouring but it would be nice if one shade was a cool tone brown.

I am a huge fan of the baked highlighter. It gives a beautiful glow to the cheeks without being so shimmery and glittery. I'm really not a huge fan of the obvious looking highlights like the Becca highlighters that are overly shimmery. I have mixed the shimmery gold shade and the baked highlight together to give a more golden highlight to the face and I liked the look of that.

Honestly, the only two shades I use the most are the matte bronzer on the right and the baked highlight. The rest, I barely touch. Either the shades are too similar to my skin tone to use as a highlight, too warm and orange to use as a bronzer, or the others I have no real use for.
Maybe in the summer time I'll have more of a use for the baked bronzer to warm up my skin.

imageLikes:
- Soft texture
- $10 (Great value)
- Baked highlight is beautiful
- Mixture of matte, shimmer, and satin finishes
- Pigmented
- Can be used as eyeshadows

imageNot-so-likes:
- Orangey bronzers (not trying to look like an Oompa Loompa)
- Not for contouring
- I only use 2 out of the 8 powders
- Bronzers too orange for pale skin
- Bronzers too light for medium to deep skin
- Easy for the bronzer to look quite heavy

So do I recommend this palette? Mmmm not really since I don't find a use for all of the powders. If you want to give this palette a try, go ahead! I've actually seen a lot of good reviews on this palette which led me to purchase it so I'm quite disappointed I didn't feel the same way about this product as the others. Do I regret purchasing it? Nah, I really enjoy the highlight shade even though I'm not a fan of the rest of the powders. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this review! It's been a while since I've done a non-Asian beauty review.
Have a great week! I'll talk to you guys later!

xx,
Lily
imageimageimage


Disclaimer: This product was purchased by me with my own money. This is not a sponsored review and everything I say is my own opinion. Keeping it real.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. OO: The bronze palette looks quite intriguing! I saw emily's review on it too, but I dont use bronzers so I opted out for this :'D You have a physical ulta store? Thats super cool :D
    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's like 3 Ultas in the span of 15 miles around where I live! I rarely go there since I prefer online shopping but it was cheaper to get it at the stores since I don't wanna pay for shipping ^^"

      Delete

Subscribe