Regarding Youtube

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Hi guys.

If you're reading this, most likely you're here from my channel because I mentioned I'm quitting my makeup channel. It's been something I've been thinking about for a really long time, for like two years.
It's been something that was inevitable and you could probably tell I haven't really put a lot of effort into my videos for the past year. It's always been the same old content like hauls and no really creative videos.
Basically I'm quitting due to the fact that it's not fun for me anymore. I pretty much started making Youtube videos on a different channel back in 2010/2011 to cope with moving to a new city and having no friends and it really gave me a creative outlet back in the day. It was really a fun hobby for me. Now, it's not so fun anymore. The makeup community on Youtube has really changed and I'm glad it's gotten so big but it's not really as great or interesting as it was a couple of years ago. The entire makeup community is all about money and there's very few who actually put out interesting content.

Really, I don't have the personality nor time to do Youtube. I'm extremely introverted and monotonous so it's not like I offered a lot to the table anyways. My videos were hardly interesting and even I don't bother watching my own videos. It was hard for me not to cringe while editing.
I meant to disappear from my channel a while ago but I've had friends convince me not to and I guess getting a few extra cash from the channel helped convince me to just continue to do it but now I need to make my own decisions and I decided not to continue with it if I don't like it.
I still like you guys and am happy to have a great audience who enjoyed my videos but it really wasn't enjoyable for me.

I'll still be active on my other channel if you were wondering. It's something I enjoy more and it's more interesting for me. There's just too many makeup channels and losing mine won't be a big deal honestly.
I'll also still be very active on this blog. I may not enjoy making makeup videos but I still enjoy talking about it, especially writing about it.

I hope you guys understand. I'm sorry I wasn't able to do a sort of farewell video. It's a lot easier for me to get my point across in writing than speaking (another reason why I didn't like making makeup videos).
As I said, I'll continue writing on this blog, my other Youtube channel, and will still be moderately active on my other social medias if you want to continue to follow me and my life. If not, that's okay and with that I'll say goodbye and this was a fantastic journey with you guys.

xx,
Lily
a.k.a Lillian H

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Unnie, it's okay, as long as your happy! Fighting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understanding Misha! (●´ω`●) 화이팅!

      Delete
  2. But i just found your channel ㅠ_ㅠ

    ReplyDelete
  3. But i just found your channel ㅠ_ㅠ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your channel but you are right, if you don´t enjoy it why bother making new videos! Though I am glad I found your blog through your farewell video! I enjoy blogs more than videos at the moment, mainly due to the changes on youtube in general which you have already mentioned. I personally really miss the style from back then (I started watching beauty videos in 2008) :(
    I would link my own blog (I blog about beauty, art, anime/manga and random stuff) but it´s in german so that makes no sense haha
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Toria! I agree with you! I've always preferred blogging and reading blogs than Youtube for some reason. And I miss the old Youtube as well even though there are many more talented people on Youtube now but it's just really different and not as good as it was a while ago.
      Please link your blog! Even if I can't understand I can use Google Translate to try to understand a bit of it ^^ I have a blogger friend who's German too and writes in German but I still love her blog!

      Delete

Subscribe