Review | TONYMOLY Atom Liptone Get It Tint

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Hey everyone! How have you all been? image
Today's post will be on the Tonymoly Liptone Get It Tint in the Astro Boy or Mighty Atom? limited edition packaging that I just bought in a recent BeautyNetKorea haul. I might have only ordered this because of the cute packaging but I also heard a lot of good reviews on this lip product so I decided to give it a try!
When I ordered it, the Astro Boy packaging was cheaper than the regular packaging but now the regular packaging is cheaper. I don't know what happened but oh well! Glad I took advantage of the cheaper price when I did!
Tonymoly states that this product is a "lightweight tint that gives vivid color and natural shine over the lips. Whole new concept of lip makeup tint." So this pretty much sounds like a wonder product right here.
If you guys don't know, I'm obsessed with lip tints and it's probably the only thing I've been wearing on my lips. It's pretty much the only way I can wear bright lips. It's not like I wear it sheerly; I wear it very vibrantly but it just makes me more comfortable to wear a tint than a full on lipstick.
The applicator is a doe foot applicator which is a lot different from the other tints I have which have a sort of nail polish brush applicator but I know a lot of Korean lip tints use a doe foot applicator now which I think is a lot better because I think the formula is thicker so it needs a doe foot applicator. When the tints are a bit sheerer, then a brush applicator will be used. Most of the tints with a brush applicator like Benefit's Benetint I find to not be that pigmented nor long lasting.

This product comes in 8 different shades:
I purchased shade #5 All Night Red because in the pictures it looked like a deeper kinda vampy-ish red which is a colour I don't have in my collection and wanted. 
Much to my surprise it didn't look ANYTHING like what it looked in the pictures. I'll have you guys judge the pictures..
The colour is actually a pretty bright red! A lot of pink in it as well! image Not even close to what the pictures that they showed look like! I wouldn't be that upset if I didn't have any colours like this but I have wayyy too many pink toned red tints in my collection so I bought this shade to get something different and I just ended up adding another pink toned red.
I was hoping that if I applied more layers then maybeee the colour would get deeper but it ended up just making the colour more vibrant which is good but oh man, I was hoping for a deep red colour.


As you can see, it still is a pretty colour. The formula is a bit thicker, almost gel-like, kinda milky so it applies very evenly and is pretty saturated on the first swipe. It is easy to sheer it out and make it more vibrant which is nice. It is very lightweight and not drying but over time I felt like it started to dry my lips a bit so a balm was needed after an hour or two.
I tested it through all the eating, talking, and stuff and I can say this is a pretty long lasting tint! After a long day, the colour was still there but very lightly. I have to say though that it does wear off kind of unattractively and it leaves some residue over your lips so I have to make sure to wipe my lips throughout the day so there's no nasty residue in the corners of my mouth.

imageLikes:
- Vivid colour
- Colour lasts for a long time
- Looks a lot better than the other watery lip tints
- Thicker, gel-like texture
- Applies evenly
- Comes in 8 different shades
- Lightweight
- Inexpensive (Around $6.50-7?)
- Cute packaging!!

imageNot-so-likes:
- Misleading pictures!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)
- Wears kinda ugly?
- Balm is needed
- Clumpy residue in the corners of my lips

All in all, I still like this tint and it has been my everyday lip colour these days but it's nothing really amazing and mindblowing. It's not a product I won't not recommend to you but it's nothing that you need to go buy instantly but it's nice to try this out and won't hurt your wallet. 
I might purchase the #6 shade HOPING it's a deeper lip colour but who knows??

I hope you guys enjoyed this review and hopefully it was helpful! I'm excited to review more Korean makeup for you guys since it's definitely something I love and am willing to try!

Have a great weekend! Thanksgiving is so close!

xx,
Lily

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Very cute! Too bad the color was really misleading, it would of looked gorgeous if it was the deep red!

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It's a total bummer :( I was hoping for a nice fall/winter colour.

      Delete
  2. The lip tint looks so good on you *O* the clumpy residue at the end of your lips is always a con haha :( I've been using their tonymoly cat wink tint and I was wondering i the atom liptone was a better formula?

    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've never tried the Cat Wink Tint but judging from photos, it looks more watery than the Liptone. Correct me if I'm wrong! I prefer the thicker formula of the Liptone since it applies more evenly than the other watery lip tints. You should try it out! I'd love to hear your take on it. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah it's a very pretty colour! :)

      Delete
  4. are the mighty atoms and the usual packaging the same ? I bought the normal ones the color is strong but the mighty atom seems very diluted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the regular packaging ones. Hmm the Mighty Atom seemed decently pigmented to me so if the regular packaging ones are even more pigmented, woah! I'll try to purchase some more and compare the two myself.

      Delete

Subscribe