First Lush Haul + Butterbear Bath Bomb Review

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Hey everyone! How have you all been?image
Yesterday I was home because I don't have classes on Tuesdays so I decided to go to the mall. As I was strolling through the mall admiring the pretty Christmas decorations that were already up, I was about to walk past the Lush store, but then I stopped. I usually walk past the Lush store since I'm not one to have interest in bath products but something compelled me to stop walking and finally go inside the Lush store.
As I walked in, I was immediately greeted by a worker and handed a basket. I was kind of overwhelmed by all the weird things I've never seen in my life so the worker helped me out with the different kinds of items they have. Fast forward to now, I lost my Lush virginity.

As I said, I had some help from the Lush worker in choosing some items. I told her I suffer from very dry skin and eczema so she referred me to a few products. In the end, I decided to go with two things as I usually only get a couple items first when I try out a new brand. Here's what I got:
First item is Ceridwen's Cauldron which I thought was a Halloween item because "cauldron" but I guess not! I asked if there were any bath or scalp products with oats for eczema since oats I hear are very helpful with eczema and since the weather is getting colder, I felt it was the perfect time to get something for it. She recommended this luxury bath melt.
She told me how to use this but to be honest, I wasn't really paying attention haha! So I have no idea how to use this. I'll be looking for tutorials on how to use this and then I'll be back with another review soon!
Last thing I purchased is the Butterbear bath bomb ʕ ·ᴥ· ʔ which I believe is just their Butterball bath bomb in a bear shape. Now I wouldn't be one to buy bath bombs because I NEVER take baths. I always take 7 minute showers since I don't have that much time to just sit in a bath and also I live in California so there's a drought going on so I can't be wasting water all the time! Also I thought bath bombs were just for the look. I didn't know these things had any skin benefits to them.
But the Lush lady said this has all these oils and butter that'll ensure to moisturize my dry skin. I have eczema/dry flakes on my elbow, scalp, back of my neck, basically lots of places! So I decided to give this a shot. It wasn't too expensive anyways ($4.95) so why not?

Funny thing is that I didn't know what the scent of this was. The lady was putting all these bath bombs to my nose for me to sniff but they all smelled the same to me! Maybe my nose just sucks haha!
As you can see, this bath bomb doesn't have any real "effect" to it. It won't change the colour of your water, no floaty things will pop up except for the bits of the butter. To me, this isn't an issue but to some it may not be worth it since lots of people like to take pictures of their bath bomb tub which I don't really understand LOL. I'm in it more for the skin benefits than the pretty Tumblr picture.
Close-up of the bits of butter and oil bubbles from the bath bomb
After the steam from the bath cleared up my sinuses, I could smell the hint of vanilla this bath bomb had. Usually I'm not a fan of the vanilla scent but it wasn't anything that would give me a headache. It was pretty pleasant. After the Butterbear completely dissolved, I didn't smell anything afterwards. People said they smelled cocoa but I didn't really. Maybe my nose began to suck again.

I dipped inside the bath tub and relaxed in it for 30 minutes. I could feel the difference the water had. It definitely had more oils in it and I could feel it on my skin. If you're not a fan of an oily feel, I wouldn't recommend this. But if you have dry or sensitive skin, I think this would be good for you.

After getting out of the bath, I still felt the oiliness of the bath bomb lingering on my skin. I did feel more moisturized which was a first since usually warm water dries out my skin.
Now that it's the morning, my legs still feel very moisturized from the oils and butter. The parts where I have eczema and dry flakey skin don't seem itchy and I have no urge to scratch them so I'd say this product was a success!

imageLikes:
- Great for people with dry, eczema and/or sensitive skin
- Oils and butter moisturized and nourished my skin
- Soothed my itchiness
- Mild vanilla/cocoa? scent
- Not as pricey as the other bath bombs
- Cute bear shape!
- Pretty relaxing

imageNot-so-likes:
- Scent doesn't last
- Not really so pretty (not a huge issue for me but may be for you)

Not a lot of complaints with this product at all! Will I repurchase it? In due time I will. I may do a bath bomb maybe once a month. Still gotta keep the climate in mind! For now, I'm happy I tried this product out. If I feel like my skin is in desperate need of some nourishment, I'll come back to this. Keep in mind I still have that Ceridwen's Cauldron to try out which has oats! Stay tuned for another Lush review!

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I hope you guys enjoyed this review. If you've tried any other Lush products, please let me know what you've tried and what you recommend! I'm eager to try some more Lush products especially their Christmas items.

Thanks again! Have a great week you guys! And if you live in the U.S., have a safe Veterans' Day!

xx,
Lily

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Omg, I really should try them out for once! :D The bear shape is so cute! :)

    yukitty.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I feel like I've been missing out for years!

      Delete
  2. I adore LUSH! So happy to see a review up on your blog x: I never tried their bath stuff but they always looked and smelled delicious! I love the festive red bag designs around this time of the year :>

    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm so excited for all the cute Christmas packaging :D Love the holidays so much!

      Delete
  3. I'll try the bath bomb too~ I also have very dry/sensitive skin so thanks for your recommendation :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Probably have to stock up on some since my skin is getting super dry right now!

      Delete

Subscribe