Review | Etude House Precious Mineral Moist Any Cushion

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Hello everyone! How have you all been?
It's finally the start of a new week! I definitely need this week to end as this was probably the worst week of my life. All these crappy things have been happening to me lately! My cat has gone missing but we all suspect that he may have passed away as cats have the tendency to run away to die in peace, I got rejected to many of my top choice colleges, all this drama keeps on happening even though I try my best to stay out of it, school's lame as ever, my neighbors are loud and obnoxious, and lots more. On the up side, I received my Etude House package last week and I utilized that week to test the makeup I ordered. So let's take a look!
As you may or may not know, BB cushions are huge in Korea and Korea always seems to be the first to start any trend whether it's makeup or fashion so I decided to hop on the bandwagon and try myself a BB cushion. This was fairly cheap ($18) compared to the Laneige BB cushion I was about to buy ($34). As I have incredibly dry skin and suffer from eczema, I ordered the Moist version but there is a normal version but I haven't tried that out.
Horrible translation from a disgraceful Korean-American: 1. Remove the film. 2. Make sure to seal the cushion tight after use.
I really like the packaging of this product. It's very travel friendly and easy to carry around and it's perfect for on-the-go touchups. It's a lot more convenient to carry around that a foundation bottle or tube. So next time I have an overnight trip or go somewhere, this will definitely be in my travel bag.
Bare skin
With BB cushion. LOL can you even see a difference? Maybe my mole is a bit covered up
Left side: w/ the BB cushion | Right side: w/out (sorry if my eczema disturbs you. I kinda look like Zuko huh?)
I don't know if you can tell but I think this product really gives a nice natural look to the skin. It's not heavy at all, looks like my real skin, and has a nice dewy finish. You probably can't tell because of the pictures but it does give a healthy and semi-dewy look to the skin. I really think the sponge puff thing that comes with cushion is the real hero to this product. It picks up just the right amount of product and buffs it well into the skin.
My skin isn't in the best condition at the moment so I do notice this making some of my dry patches a bit more noticeable but honestly, all my foundations and BB creams have been doing that to my skin which is why I haven't been wearing foundations lately but I feel like I can still get away with wearing this without people noticing I'm wearing face makeup. In fact, people have been complimenting how my skin has been getting better lately. Haha sike, jokes on them. I'm just wearing this BB cushion more often.

Edit: If you want to see this product in action with a live demonstration, you can take a look at my makeup tutorial.

Likes:
- Lightweight
- Natural, semi-dewy finish
- Affordable ($18 for the cushion, $10 for refills) A lot cheaper than the other BB cushions out there
- Travel friendly
- Light to medium coverage (easy to build up)
- Lasts an entire humid school day for me
- Sponge puff thing buffs well
- Lots of compliments when I wear this
- Perfect as an everyday foundation

Not-so-likes:
- Only 3 shades but it is a Korean brand which is understandable
- People have been complaining about the scent but I haven't noticed anything wrong. Noted just in case if some of you guys are sensitive to scents

As you can see, way more pros than cons. This wouldn't have any cons since they don't really apply to me but it's something that you guys should know in case you were interested in getting this product.
This will definitely be a part of my daily makeup routine and if I ever run out, I'm definitely repurchasing. Only when the Etude House website has free shipping deals though since shipping from Korea is way too freaking expensive.
Overall, I'm definitely glad I purchased this product. If you guys have oily or combination skin, check up reviews on the regular Precious Mineral Any Cushion because I think that has a lot of decent reviews as well.

I hope you guys found this review helpful and hope you guys have a great week!
xx,
Lily



You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. YASSSSS I've been wanting to try out this cushion cause I keep hearing good things about it. Loved the before/after pics you showed. I really like the natural look it gives without caking the face too much. I need to get this soon....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also, is there a place you'd recommend to buy this? a link perhaps? :)

      Delete
    2. I bought this directly from the Etude House global site when they were having an "Order more than $50 then you get free shipping".
      Regular version: http://www.etudehouse.com/index.php/precious-mineral-any-cushion-ad.html
      Moist version: http://www.etudehouse.com/index.php/etude-house-precious-mineral-moist-any-cushion.html
      I know iBuyBeauti has this for cheaper ($14.80) so you can check that out as well! I'm not very familiar with that site since I've never ordered from there but I hear a lot of great reviews from them and they seem to have really nice customer service. :)
      http://ibuybeauti.com/?s=etude+house+any+cushion&post_type=product

      Delete
  2. Sorry about school and your cat :( School has been really crappy for me as well >.< I watched your video this morning, it was really good ^_^ I have a love for cushions, but my skin is pretty dark, so a lot of times it looks like I am a ghost.

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for watching! Have you tried the Laneige BB cushion? They have some shades for darker skin tones and I hear pretty great things about it! I'm planning on trying to myself on my next shopping trip.

      Delete
  3. Oh it looks really nice and natural! GURL GIVE ME YOUR SKIN, WHY SO FLAWLESS.
    And sorry to hear about your bad week! But ya know, when one door closes another opens, so it must mean you're meant to go to another college! And sorry about your cat :(

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not flawless! All my acne is on my forehead or on my hairline. >< Thanks for your kind words. Yeah, everything happens for a reason and things will lead up to what I should do with my life so I need to stop being so depressed right now lol.

      Delete
  4. oh wow, that I wanted to buy it. =)

    if you have loss please have a look over at me.

    www,heykasumi.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to say thank you for sharing this post, because it's really amazing!
    And I already can't wait for the new one!

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe