{REVIEW} Blippo.com - Kawaii Shop

Friday, January 24, 2014


Hello all! image How have you all been doing?
I am waaaayyy behind on blog posts so I hope you guys didn't wait too long for a blog post! It's been quite busy at my end since I just ended finals today (lol I totally failed). Anyways, today I have a review on Blippo.com which is an online shop that specializes in "kawaii" Japanese goods ranging from stationery, candy, plushies, accessories, and more! 
They were very kind enough to send some of their things so thank you Blippo! I was sent a planner, a nail grooming kit, and a free little Blippo silicone key chain. :3
Dance league?

First is the Lifestyle calendar book. I don't know about you but I am a really unorganized person. I'm all over the place and always forget to do some of my tasks. I have a planner that I got from my school but I lost it (of course) and it was pretty ugly. Emphasis on the ugly.
Unlike my school planner, this one is super cute with the cute simple floral design and the logo is adorable too! The quality is decent. It's pretty much the quality of some stationery you can get from eBay. I was expecting it to be paperback but the cover is just a plastic sleeve. I think for the price, it's okay but if you want a better quality planner, they're gonna be around $20 or more.
My attempt at a gif haha. The quality tho omg it's so bad
Oh! I believe this is in old style Japanese or Chinese. I can't really tell but if any of you guys can read this, may you please translate this for me? I would really appreciate it! ^ u ^

Next is the Kokeshi Manicure set! It's just a basic nail set with clippers, mini scissors, tweezers and a nail file but in a cute Kokeshi doll design! This thing must be fancy since it came with it's own velvet box that I didn't take a picture of.
Everything works fine. It's pretty much your regular basic grooming set just with an added bit of cuteness. The only problem I had with this set is that the case had a weird red stain on the back and when I used the nail clippers, the paint would chip. The other tools are fine and have been lasting but I'm afraid to use the nail clippers because I don't want to lose the pretty paint design so I haven't been using it.

Going to the shop, the site is really cute. It's pretty easy to look around and find things. Just the wide range of Japanese goods they have is amazing! Many of what they sell are cheap and impossible to find in the States. They have a lot of cute character items too like Hello Kitty, Rilakkuma, and you know the rest. I heard shipping is usually fast but mine took almost a month to get here seeing that it was delivered on Christmas. The headquarters of where they ship out the items is from Hong Kong so I doubt any of the plushies are real. 
The customer service is nice too which is ALWAYS important! Mika, who I talked to, is super nice and responds REALLY quickly which is great! 

For the wide variety of goods they sell, I like this store. It's almost like an Amazon but for cute Japanese things but probably at a WAY better price. I really do recommend this online store just for the convenience and how much stuff they sell at such an affordable price. I thought sharing this post would be very helpful to you guys since I noticed that a lot of you are into that Asian cute stuff so I hope you enjoyed this post! 

Quick question for the fellow bloggers: how do you resize photos without losing the quality? I've been getting frustrated over taking really nice quality pictures but having it ruined by having to resize the picture to fit my blog. Jordan (Bohovanity) and Sam (Colorcrush) I'm talking to you. LOL.

And since in my last art post you guys really enjoyed my drawings, here's a little sneak peek of something I'm working on. Hopefully you guys can recognize it. If you can, 10 points to you! Hint hint: It's from the greatest anime of 2013!!!!
Thank you guys always for reading!
Have a great weekend guys (erhm, girls)!
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Lily

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Thanks for the review! It's my first time hearing about this shop. Looks cute. ^^
    And omg MIKASAAAAAAAA~ I love her so much. And Levi. <3
    (Is it creepy that I was listening to music and Guren no Yumiya randomly came on when typing this...)
    You're so talented hehe. I wish I could do that. :3

    -Phailee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome!
      It's definitely not creepy! I've been listening to the AOT soundtrack non-stop these past few days. The soundtrack is just beautiful. ❤
      And thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I recently heard about this store and I checked it out, then started to envy for the things on this website! The poppin cookin kits are pretty good price too. Not to mention ... Everything else

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I soo wanna try the popin cooking kits but I heard some of them taste like the real food which I find kinda odd, haha. Gosh, Japan, you always have the coolest stuff.

      Delete
  3. Wow I looove your new header, did you do it yourself? It's soo pretty I love it! :) The calendar is really sweet but since I carry mine everywhere everyday it might not look so nice after a few weeks thats why I prefer more sturdy ones. But since you got this for free, who will complain?? :D The design's really appealing though.

    As for the Chinese it says Scheduled Day/Time / Entry / Income / Spending / Rest (Total) It's supposed to be a list helping you manage your money stuff, all the Asian calendars have that for some reason xD ...and I was surprised to see my name up on here LOL. Thank you for thinking my pictures are high quality, I do appreciate :P

    I always save my pictures in Photoshop; when you save you can alter the settings about which quality you would like to save the picture in (11 or 12 is what you should go for). If you don't have Photoshop I do recommend to use picmonkey which I am using all the time when I'm too lazy for Photoshop - there you can chose from 3 different saving options regarding the quality of your pictures although I have to say there is def. a certain loss of quality. Also, I neeeever delete the original one, I save the one I edited or resized always with a different name so that I have the option of the original if everything goes awry. I hope that helped you!

    And that Mikasa drawing looks amazing, please share when you are finished! :) Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! Yes, I did do the header. :)
      LOL and thanks for translating the Chinese! Errr, don't know what I'm gonna use that page for anymore haha!

      GOSH SAM THANK YOU SO MUCH! That definitely helped me! I think it's time for me to learn how to use Photoshop since I have it but never knew how to use it. ><

      I definitely will share the Mikasa drawing when it's finished but hoooolyy crap this is probably the longest time I've ever worked on a digital drawing ever! The stress that is inducing in me is not cute, haha!
      Have an amazing weekend too Sam!! ❤

      Delete
    2. Wow you're so talented! If you don't like the header anymore anywhen in the faaar future I would be happy to recycle it for you LOL xD I really really love this <3
      And you're welcome! I usually use these pages just for To-Do-Lists :D Photoshop is reeeaallyyy helpful. I started when I was about 14 and really into blogging and obessed with making a nice blog layout (not that you can see it in my current "layout" lol!) but I just know the basics I taught myself. It takes a bit of time since you could literally do ANYTHING with this program but it's not so hard to use the basics. Since you're into digital drawing I'm sure you'll figure it out in no time! :)

      I have never done digital drawing, just old school hand drawing but I would love to start! Do you use a drawing tablet? My friend has one but she said it's a pain in the ass to use xD I'm glad I could help you :) If you have any questions regarding PS, just mail me! ♥

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah, I'll probably have to email you sometime haha! Gah, I really suck at Photoshop though. I took a class once and was the worst! You always have the coolest layouts though. But if you do want a header, I'll be more than happy to make one for you. ^^

      I do use a tablet (oh my gosh if I used a mouse I would cry). Drawing tablets are soooooooooo convenient! I would recommend digital drawing. It's really fun and kind of handier than just old school drawing but of course, never forget the classics. It was kinda hard to learn at first but with enough practice it's such a dream to use, I swear. :)

      Delete
  4. just found your blog and omg. your blog is so cute! you're such a great artist! your blog layout and that drawing is soo stunning :) just followed!

    www.beautymentions.blogspot.com

    -Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! I followed you too :)

      Delete
  5. Hello I'am Chris
    Your blog is not on the "Directory Blogspot" ?
    With little site offers free website promotion
    I invite you to join
    You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Represent Your Country
    World-Directory is 193 countries in the world! and thousands of blogs
    Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
    Blog Url
    Location Of Your Country In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Happy Blogging
    ****************
    We follow your blog! Please follow mine
    You can forward this invitation to your friends

    PLEASE IMPERATIVE !
    Registration for the "Directory" blog, are free.
    We only ask you to follow the blog. Thank you for your understanding
    **********************************************

    Last news of "Directory Blogspot" "
    Soon we will award the best Fashion blog and Makeup, nails, crafts, handmade, cooking, paintings, home, photography, jewelry
    The Competition is open

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're heading to japan soon, so we'll have to pick up some cute bits and bobs like these! We especially loved the floral patterned clipper set:)

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Have a great trip! I'm extremely jealous.... I would love to go to Japan someday. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Your header is beautiful, I love it! That manicure set is beyond adorable, I will definitely be checking out that shop tonight ^-^

    By the way, I too save my photos in Photoshop. When I resize them, typically reducing, I choose the Bicubic Smoother (best for smooth gradients) setting or sometimes the Bicubic Automatic. Then I make sure to always save the image as a .PNG since Blogger seems to favor it over .JPG. I also have been noticing my photos look like crap in the editor until I hit the publish button, then when live on the blog they show up true to how I edited them.

    I think your photos always look perfect by the way, I'm rather jealous ^-^ Hope that helps! xx

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jordan!!
      Pshawwww. Your pictures are always perfection. Thanks so much! Let's see if I can even find where the Bicubic Smoother is, LOL!

      Delete
    2. Haha, I will send you an email when I get home later, I'm happy to help ^-^

      Delete

Subscribe