Flower Beauty Kiss Stick High-Shine Lipstick in Coral Floret

Friday, August 23, 2013

Hello everyone! It's been a while, yes I know. Instead of making excuses I'll be real with y'all: I got lazy! I didn't buy makeup recently since I'm on summer break and I had noooooo motivation to blog and stuff so sorry about not blogging!
Recently I've been dying to get more coral makeup ever since I saw this picture of the beautiful Emily DiDonato in a beautiful coral lip.
This is for the Maybelline Baby Lips but the Baby Lips aren't THAT pigmented...
She is so pretty.... Anyways, after seeing her wearing a coral lip I was desperate to get a new coral lipstick! So after checking all the lipsticks at Walmart I decided to choose the Flower Beauty one since I've never tried anything from them and I was really intrigued by their products!
But one thing I noticed on the packaging is that on the bottom they show what the lipstick colour looks like but I opened up the cap and some of the colours don't look that close to what the colour is supposed to look like. For example, the Kiss Stick in the white packaging, one of the colours (I think it was Petal Kisss?) the colour on the bottom was this DARK DARK pink but the actual colour was a nudy pink! So be careful when choosing a colour.
According to Flower Beauty:
Flower Kiss Stick High-Shine Lipstick luxury lip colors have emollient oils to improve shine for a rich, creamy application, which results in pure, intense color payoff.

My hot moustache :{)
The formula definitely is creamy and glides on fairly easily with minimal tugging. The color payoff, just look at it! It's very pigmented! And as the name states, it is very shiny but there are no shimmers. The only problem I have is that because of the creamy texture and shine finish it makes it really easy to transfer. But don't let the creamy and shiny appearance fool you, it's not as moisturizing as it looks. Make sure to apply a good lip balm prior the applying this lipstick because it can get pretty dry.
I personally love the full colour payoff but I don't like it on myself. I'm just not used to a bold colour so lately I've just been using this as a stain instead of a full colour lipstick.

Likes:
- Colour pigmentation!!
- Smooth and creamy texture
- Shine gives a healthy appearance to the lips
- Affordable ($6-8)
- Stays on for 4-5 hours

Not-so-likes:
- Packaging is pretty bulky :/
- Drying
- Transfers

Overall, I do like the colour of the lipstick and the formula but it isn't my favourite or ideal formula. I'll most likely try more stuff from the Flower Beauty line but I'm not gonna try any more lipsticks.

Hope you guys enjoyed this review! I'll most likely post more after next week since I start school on Wednesday and someone JUST told me that we had a summer assignment for IB English!!!! WTF!!! 

Thanks for taking the time to read! I'll see you guys next week!!!!

xx,
Lily Hong



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Nexus Exhibitions Pvt Ltd is one of the PremierBeauty Shows Indian Exhibition Company which has successfully organized number of exhibitions/ shows in the B2C & B2B segment with portfolio comprising of fashion, lifestyle & beauty related events across India since 2006

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I DO IB ENGLISH TOO T_T IT'S HELL, currently preparing for my IOC and I'm just dying! :(

    __________________________________________________________
    hope you follow and support my blog at:
    http://www.heylinni.com
    I'll follow back <3 Us bloggers must support each other! x

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe