Review | Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation

Monday, May 13, 2013

Hello everyone! How have you all been doing?
Might be late on the bandwagon, but a review is a review! I've been dying to get a new foundation, especially a drugstore foundation since I haven't really tried many great drugstore foundations and after a whole bunch of thinking between Revlon's Colorstay liquid foundation and the whipped foundation, I finally decided to get the whipped foundation ($11.99 at Target).

Let me tell you about the difficult journey finding the right shade... I don't know why but when you look at the different shades, they all look the same! I don't know if it's because the glass jar is so thick or the lighting in the stores but it's sooo hard to find the right shade so if I were you, check swatches online of all the shades because I regret not doing that. If your store has a strict return policy, definitely check online for swatches. I ended up getting 330 True Beige which is one shade darker (yes, I got very tan!) but nothing a little bit of mixing moisturizer can't fix.
The texture of this foundation is creamy and thick. The name says WHIPPED but whipped cream is lightweight and very airy. This foundation is pretty thick and dense but feels lightweight when blended into the skin. The finish isn't matte which is what Revlon claims this foundation to be. It's a natural finish and will still look like skin. It will still have a tacky finish because this foundation is a cream but just apply powder and you good to go but I like to put on blush after I finish my foundation routine so my blush lasts a bit longer.

Application is a bit different with this foundation. I used my typical Sigma F80 brush but I feel like using my fingers gives the best results. The only problem is scooping the foundation out of the jar since there's no pump. I don't like using my fingers so I just use a spatula (or a piece of cardstock) to scoop this out.
left: before foundation | right: after foundation application
As you can tell, the foundation takes away all the shine on my face but still gives a bit of natural-ness and a healthy glow in real life. This foundation easily covers up some scars on my forehead but I still have to go on with concealer for my dark circles but not as much as I used to wear since this foundation has good coverage. I would say this foundation has medium coverage but you can build it up to full coverage. I don't use a whole bunch but it still covers my face well.

This foundation claims to be 24 hours long. It would be disgusting to wear this foundation for 24 hours but lemme tell you, this foundation transferred and didn't last through humidity that long and it claims to do that on the website. I had a photoshoot with my friend Shannon (http://instagram.com/g0jira) and there was a part where I had to put my face on a white cloth and the foundation transferred onto the cloth! I don't have exceptionally oily skin so if you have oily skin, I wouldn't recommend this on the hotter days. I have dry to normal skin with the exceptions of getting sweaty really easily (heh) and I wouldn't wear this in 90 degree weather.

 Likes:
+ Lightweight
+ Blends well (I prefer fingers)
+ Natural, healthy finish
+ Medium to full coverage
+ Little goes a very long way!!
+ Price is fine with the quality of the foundation

Not so likes:
- Transfers in humid weather
- Wouldn't recommend to oily skin for a summer foundation
- FAT PACKAGING!! HORRIBLE TO TRAVEL WITH
- Difficulty finding the right shade

Overall, I really do enjoy this foundation but I think I'll be wearing it more on the cooler days where it's not so humid (which is never in Socal).

OOH! Big news guys! If you don't know, I have a Youtube channel and I haven't made a lot of videos lately but I have two new videos up if you haven't seen it! But guess what? I'm a Youtube Partner! I am a partner through Stylehaul so now I HAVE to make more videos than I usually do heh. I'm not SUPER excited about being partnered since I already had all the features but now I have a reason why to make more videos. So please subscribe if you haven't! I would really appreciate it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/hauted0ll

Thank you guys so much for the support on my last blog post though! I'm really glad to have such nice friends from the blog world and Youtube. You have no idea how incredibly nice you guys are.

Hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks again guys!
xx, 
Lily

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. This is my favourite foundation right now!
    Been really enjoying your videos Lily ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri! I love your videos too :)

      Delete
  2. I've been loving this foundation for the lovely finish it gives too, but you are so right when you say it transfers!! I hate it when foundations do that. Thanks for the review girl, and congrats on getting Youtube partner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, hate the transfer >< Definitely NEVER wearing this in the summer!

      Delete
  3. I bought this foundation 2 shades darker than my skin tone -_- such a fail. Now I can't even use it BlAH. but I do like the consistency of it :
    Jill
    http://lipstixtraces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to mix in a lighter foundation or moisturizer! Or if you still have the receipt, return it! I wish Revlon made an easier way to find the correct shade though...

      Delete
  4. ooh, I haven't tried this but it looks nice !^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's a great foundation. Just have to use a good primer and powder. :)

      Delete
  5. your skin looks amazing! it sounds like a really good drugstore foundation.. no thank you on the bulky packaging though :/

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Luckily my skin has been getting better. Yeah, the packaging is a huuuuuge downside to this foundation! Such a shame!

      Delete
  6. I completely agree, the bulky packaging (and the lack of a pump) really lets this foundation down.. that's why im still looking for the perfect one. I've tried a foundation finder by ps beauty and it recommended this one, nars and estee lauder one.. have any of you tried double wear light? what did you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so good on you, I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe