Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in Cherry Picking

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hello everyone! What a great week this has been! JK, this week sucks. It's Wednesday already and everyday it feels like a Monday because of the stupid STAR tests. Also there's been a bunch of drama shiz going on with me and my (ex)friend so yeaaaaaaahhhh...
Anyways (sorry for starting this blog post in a bad mood), today I will be finally doing a lip product review on one of my favourites lipsticks ever: Wet N Wild's Megalast Lipstick in Cherry Picking!

OMGZ GUIZE! NAMES ON THE BOTTOM NOW!!!
I am a big fan of Wet N Wild makeup since it's very inexpensive and there's a lot of great products. One of my favourites are their Megalast lipsticks and I already have three colours but I decided to show my newest purchase. First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH WET N WILD FOR FINALLY PUTTING THE NAMES! It's been a while since every Wet N Wild lover has been asking for WNW to put the names on the bottom and they finally did it! Yay!

All of these lipsticks have a semi-matte finish which I prefer in lipsticks. I hate shiny lipsticks and glittery lipsticks (on me, at least). The formula of these lipsticks are kind of drying but most long wearing lipsticks are drying anyways. I can get up to 4 hours of wear of these lipsticks without reapplying. Did I mention that the price is less than $2??? All of the lipsticks are very pigmented as well.

Cherry Picking is a pink toned red shade, almost a berry lipstick. I find that this shade makes my teeth look whiter. I think pink toned red lips are very flattering on yellow toned skins as well as everyone else. It's just that I always see people saying warm reds should only be worn on warm toned skins and cool toned reds are only for cool toned skins. WRONG! Who gives a shiz what the supposed "rules" are? Break the rules! Pull off any shade you want!

This lipstick applies sort of dragging my lips even if I wear a lip balm. I hate that feeling so now I apply these Mega last lipsticks with a lip brush and I find that it makes my lip colour last a lot longer when I apply with a lip brush so try that out guys and see how much longer wear you get! Using a lip brush also helps apply the colour a lot more evenly since that's a problem I have with most pigmented matte lipsticks. 

Likes:
- Shade is flattering for all skin tones!
- Lipstick range comes in a wide range of colours
- All are very pigmented
- Semi-matte finish
- LESS THAN 2 BUCKS!!!
- Last for four hours w/out reapplying

Not-so-likes:
- Applies unevenly (I recommend a lip brush!)
- Drying (I just make sure to exfoliate and apply lip balm)
- Packaging sucks

The dislikes may turn you off but I personally like these lipsticks and I could care less that it's drying but it may be a problem for you. These lipsticks are a hit and miss, you can love 'em or hate 'em. Try them out and see how you feel! The colours are very beautiful and you can't go wrong with $2. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this review! Before I sign off, check out my oasap.com giveaway! Also my online store! Have a better week than me, guys!
xx,
Lily

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. That's such a gorgeous shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Love this shade soooo much! It's very flattering for yellow toned skins :)

      Delete
  2. I love these lipsticks, I bought quite a few cause they were cheap but i wish they were a bit more moisturizing. Going to buy this shade next time hehehe :D
    thanks for sharing! <3
    -Jill
    http://lipstixtraces.blogspot.com

    p.s.
    you kinda look a bit like Nam Ji Hyun of 4minite lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE these lipsticks too! I'm hoping to get all 26 of them since they're so freaking affordable.
      Haha, I don't really see the resemblence :) Of course, everyone thinks I look like every asian in the world lol.

      Delete
  3. Those lipsticks look so pigmented!! They remind me of Rimmel's Lasting Finish line (^-^) I hope you have a better week >__<;; Thank you for the review!

    ~Rei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I have Rimmel's Lasting Finish and they have a bit more moisture in the lipsticks. Still love the Rimmel but I love the matte look of the Wet N Wild lipsticks. :)

      Delete
  4. Colour is beautiful.. but omg your lips!!! Such a beautiful shape :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? LOL! I thought my lips were kinda weird. They are full but narrow >< Hehe but thanks!

      Delete
  5. popping by here at your blog!
    wow that color looks absolutely amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I LOVEEEE Wet 'N Wild products, especially their lip products :)

    Have a Terrific Thursday!
    xoxo
    Crystal

    My Blog, Crystal Chizoba
    My YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Everything from Wet N Wild is pretty much my favourite :)

      Delete
  7. I saw your blog because of a comment you'd left on another blog.. and oh wow I've fallen in love with your blog. Your photography is amazing!!!! <3 <3 I just had to follow xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Just checked your blog and the quality of your pictures are great as well!

      Delete
  8. ngirberhj your lips look so pretty gurl, love that shade on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks ^^ My lips are really meh actually :/

      Delete
  9. This is such a pretty pink shade! What a shame that the formulation drags across your lips though, but nothing a lip brush can't fix :) What a bargain too, if only there was Wet n Wild in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can probably find Wet N Wild online! It's sooo inexpensive and great you should definitely check it out :)

      Delete
  10. Oh my, that looks so pretty. I love pink but it doesn't always look this stylish.

    How about following each other? Let me know on my blog!

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool post, lovely blog.. I follow U :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This colour is really nice!!! The packaging and formula might not be the best but it looks like a very good product for the price~

    Liz
    www.lizchewy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This line probably has one of the best pigmentation and colours at the drugstores. I prefer this over many lipsticks at the drugstores :D

      Delete

Subscribe