Review | Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Hi everyone! How have you all been? Last week was practically horrible. I started school and there have been some other issues in my life. Hopefully you guys had a better week than I have!
My cousin gave me one of her extra Maybelline Fit Me concealers since she has three! My drugstore concealer collection is just Maybelline concealers. I have the Mineral Power, Superstay, and Age Rewind concealers and I didn't know if I wanted the Fit Me concealer since I sort of had bad experience with the rest of the line but now I got to try it out for free! So thank you Moonhee unni!
I believe this concealer only comes in 6 shades? That's a lot more than the other Maybelline concealers that only come in 2-3 shades. I got the Fair shade in 15 since my cousin has really light skin and my skin is pretty light also so it wasn't that much of a difference between our skin tones.
The packaging is very thin and long and the applicator is a regular doe foot applicator. It's very easy to fit in your makeup bag since I always need to carry concealer with me just in case since I look sooo tired without it! The stopper doesn't really work that well because it can sometimes give a lot of excess concealer so I make sure to put the excess back in the tube.
Before
After

My dark circles weren't as bad as it usually is since I had 11 hours of sleep but I think this concealer did a good job as concealing my dark circles. But it didn't really conceal that red spot near my eyebrow. The redness still shows so I guess if you want to use this for spot concealing, this won't do the job.
It blends really nicely (I used my fingers) but I think I may have applied a bit too much because it looked a bit cakey. Maybe it's because I have dry skin? Throughout the day, it starts to get a bit dryer and patchy looking.

Loves:
- Reasonably priced
- Covers up mild dark circles
- Creamy
- Easy to blend

Not-so-loves:
- Looks a bit cakey
- Doesn't cover red spots well
- Stopper gives a bit of excess product

Overall, I'm still not sure what I think of this concealer. I sort of like this a bit better than my Maybelline Mineral Power concealer but definitely not as much as my It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eyes concealer. I'll occasionally use it and I'll later update this review post if I change my opinion.

If you guys have tried this, tell me what you think about it!
Hope you guys found this review helpful. I'll see you later!
  
- Lily

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I've been using the maybelline fit me concealer for like 3 years now and I like it, although it also sometimes cakes up on me. I'm too lazy to try another concealer :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha c: I think I'm gonna use it more and see how I feel. I defiantly like this more than a lot of other drugstore concealers. :3

      Delete
  2. I have never heard much about this concealer before. Looks like it does a decent job of covering dark circles but cakey concealer is a big no-no for me.

    The Revlon balm stain in Charm is such an interesting colour indeed!! I find it quite strange that it stains the lips a different colour to the initial application, but I think it's still very pretty nonetheless.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Throughout the day, it sort of turns into some interesting pale neon colour on my lips? I don't know! It's so interesting! ^^

      Delete
  3. I have this one too, but I only use it to cover my dark circles. It's pretty good ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would only use it for dark circles. It doesn't cover up red spots well :/

      Delete
  4. Oh i have this concealer, it's decent for its price. It doesn't cover much though...so I use it as a base on my eyes and under eye area then apply a different concealer :D
    I'm following you now :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A base? That sounds interesting :) I'll try that out but I think it would be a bit cakey :/

      Thanks for the follow! :D

      Delete
  5. Maybelline is one of my favourite drug store brand! Wahah, love their dream matte series. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh the Dream Matte powder is amazing ^^ I loooove Maybelline c:

      Delete
  6. packaging looks good but too bad about not covering red spot and looking cakey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :/ I think the Hard Candy concealer is a LOT better

      Delete
  7. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If u can..can u tell me which shade u used??:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used shade 15 and that's DEFINITELY too light for me right now.

      Delete

Subscribe