Review | Lioele Water Drop BB Cream

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hi everyone! It's been a while, hasn't it? Like I said before, I've been trying to concentrate on school more since I really need to keep my grades up this year even though I still procrastinate... Like right now because I was assigned a chemistry project on Monday and it's due tomorrow and I haven't started it until 5 minutes ago...
Today's post will be a review on Lioele's Water Drop BB Cream which is sponsored by Colorful Circle! Definitely check out ColorfulCircle.com since they sell a lot of famous Korean makeup brands for a bit cheaper.
This BB cream is water based so it's great for people with dry skin and it's really light weight! I also heard from other reviews that this BB cream worked well with people with combo to oily skin which is surprising. It's really hot around here and humid so I sweat like a pig.. When I wore this BB cream, it really lasted a whole school day and didn't melt off or look really dry during the day because whatever foundation or BB cream I use, at the end of the day my skin starts to look pretty dry.
But because this BB cream has a high water content, I would recommend shaking it lightly before using it just so it mixes well together before usage.

Now the coverage, it's more on the sheer side. This does sort of make the redness on my acne a little less noticeable and evens out the skintone but if you have acne, I recommend using additional concealer.
The finish is really dewy which I like but you definitely have to powder or you'll look really greasy at the end of the day.
The only problem I have with this BB cream is that it only has one shade. It's really brownish so if you have pink undertones, this would look really weird. When you first apply it, it'll look really pale (even on my skin) but later, it'll oxidise to your skin colour.
W/out BB cream (Ignore how gross I look >< )
W/ BB cream. You can definitely see the colour difference between my face and neck.
Loves:
- Hydrating and refreshing!
- SPF 27 !!
- Cute packaging!
- Dewy healthy finish
- Lightweight
- Great for a natural everyday fresh face.
- Does not make your face look cakey throughout the day
- Staying power!
- Great for my dry skin

Not-so-loves:
- Will not cover up acne
- Only one shade....
- The scent can be a bit bothersome but it definitely goes away. It's sort of a floral scent.
- Definitely will have to set with a powder unless you like that sweaty greasy look ^^

Overall, I like this BB cream a lot for school. I would recommend this BB cream for those days when you just want your skin to look natural and radiant. To me, this is the way better version of the stupid Garnier BB cream. I seriously LOOVE this BB cream for the summer even though summer is coming to an end but it'll still be freaking hot over here in California.

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed this review! Thank you again to ColorfulCircle.com for sponsoring! Again, even though this was sponsored, this will never change my opinion on what I think of the product. Besides, this was given to me from an online store, not the actual Lioele brand. Anyways, I'm gonna stop here before I turn this post into a rant post.
See you all later! 
   
- Lily

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. Nice review! :D
    I looove asian bb creams. Haven't tried Liole yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lioele is definitely worth trying c: One of my favourite Korean brands now!

      Delete
  2. Great review!! I bet this is best suited for everyday use..=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Doesn't provide sooo much coverage to use like, on a night out or dinner (although I wouldn't recommend using BB cream on a night out since it photographs really bad).

      Delete
  3. Why do they keep making BB creams in only one shade. WHYYYY. I mean, c'mon!! As if it would suit most women afhsjdhfdikjf. I really liked the review until I read this only one shade comment u__u"" But love the high water content and SPF, if only.. :<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because BB cream originates in Korea and native Koreans pretty much have similar skin tones (very pale). It does oxidize to your skin tone later but it still looks pretty pale. :/ Hopefully they make more shades in the future!

      Delete
  4. You have really nice skin! I don't think i'd be able to wear this though. My skin is oily/combination and I prefer a bit more than light coverage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D My skin has been getting better lately. Yeah.. I heard some reviews saying that this worked well with oily skin but I'm not so sure about that...

      Delete
  5. You have such beautiful skin! Thanks for the review, this product looks really interesting :)

    http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Lioele Beyond Blemish BB cream, and i love it! Lioele carries such great product with cute packaging!! hehe!
    Krissy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm DYING to try the Lioele Beyond the Solution BB cream! I heard a lot of great thing about it! c:

      Delete
  7. You have gorgeous skin!

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This bb cream looks really nice!! It looks amazing on you but I think that is because you have such great skin. I liked my Lioele Beyond the Solution bb cream so I think I will definitely consider this when I need to get a new bb cream.

    Good luck for your project!!!

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, everyone's saying I have nice skin o_o If you have dry skin, definitely try this out :)

      Delete
  9. Man.. Shld probably be unsuitable for my skin, since I have really oily skin! Either way, great review! Any other bb cream recommendation for oily skin if you know any? ^___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm.. I don't really have oily skin so I wouldn't know any BB creams for oily skin. :/ I never even heard of a lot of BB creams for oily skinned people but I know there are BB creams in compacts which are supposed to be good for oily skinned people but I don't know :/

      Delete
  10. Love bBcreams but htey are always oily! COuld you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com Twitter:@shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love how soft your blog lay out is. plus, you do take nice pictures. perfect for product reviews! :)
    btw, new follower here :>
    ❤ misskatv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I'm thinking of changing it though. But thanks for following!

      Delete
  12. you have such nice skin~ Tres jealous!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ^^ my skin honestly isn't that great! the camera didn't pick up my acne scars

      Delete
  13. haha, hope you managed to get your chemistry done in time! ^^ I love bb creams too! don't even use foundation anymore. :) (you dont need bb cream tho, your skin is flawless!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i finished it and got an A- ! ^^ procrastination ftw!

      Delete
  14. I think I'll try this out and use it when my skin is looking nicer! I'm still on the hunt for my HG bb cream! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it out! It's a lot more moisturizing than most BB creams :)

      Delete

Subscribe