My Top Makeup Brushes!

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Hi everyone!   How have you all been? I swear, I'm on a Phineas & Ferb marathon today. I watched the whole second season today and I can't stop! If you don't know Phineas & Ferb, you're missing out BIG TIME. Anyways, you  guys know how much of a makeup brush whore I am. Today I will be sharing with you some of my top most used brushes!

Of course I have to mention my Sigma F80 brush. Whenever I wear foundation/BB cream I always reach for this brush! I have a full review on this brush here but I'll just basically sum up why this brush is so freaking awesome. You can use this with any foundation you have! Liquid, cream, powder, WHATEVER! And it will apply it flawlessly. And if you have a foundation that doesn't have that much coverage, for some reason with this brush it will have more coverage which is so weird! Anyways, you should totally get this brush. It's amazing.

You all know that I have chubby cheeks so contouring my face is a must. I always use my Paris Presents Angled brush for contouring my face. This brush is soooooooo soft. I believe it's from the same company that makes Ecotools? It picks up just the right amount of bronzer and blends it out nicely. This brush was so affordable and just amazing! You can get this at Walmart and I think you can only get it at Walmart. I seriously need to stock up on this brush because it's amazing! You can use this for blush too but I sometimes forget to wear blush and I use a different brush for blush anyways.

I got the It Cosmetics Jumbo Powder brush in a set. The brush by itself is $58! So expensive! But I got a good deal on this from buying this in a set. This brush is HUUUGE. It's like a jumbo kabuki brush with a long handle. It's probably the softest brush I have in my collection. There's not much more I can say about this brush but that it's FREAKING SOFT!

I used to just use my fingers to blend out concealer but then I switched over to using a brush for concealer. Can I just say, it makes a really big difference! It looks a lot more airbrushed and less cakey when using a brush. Also, because you use your fingers for concealer the product is going on your fingers than on your face so using a brush helps put more product on your face because your brush doesn't soak up the product. And the Sigma F75 blends concealer out like a dream! 

Is this not the cutest brush in the world??? I freaking love my Tokidoki Donutella Angled Eyeliner brush. I have a lot of eyeliner brushes since I can't go out without eyeliner and this brush has the sharpest angle ever. I don't like using those regular eyeliner brushes with just a point. I always have to use an ANGLED brush. I feel like angled brushes also make doing a winged eyeliner look easier. 

I've been really liking the smudged winged eyeliner look which I will be wearing a lot in the Fall time and the Sigma E20 smudges really easily! It's a bit scratchy though so I have to be really gentle when using this. I wouldn't recommend this that much but I still like using this.

This is the only blending brush I will ever use! The Tokidoki Adios Amigos brush is suuuuuuuuuper soft and tapered nicely. I don't have a crease but this brush is small enough to fit my eye shape and blends eyeshadows nicely. Also, the design is freaking cute. I'm not sure if you can still get the Tokidoki Pittura set since Tokidoki is getting discontinued from Sephora but definitely check eBay!

Okay, first of all the ELF Studio Contour brush is only 3 bucks. It's decently soft and I just looooove to use this brush to define my "outer V" and crease. The ELF Studio brush line is pretty good for only 3 bucks. It's inexpensive and works great! The only problem I have is that the ferrule got loose once so I had to super glue it back on. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Shows you a little idea of what brushes you should add to your collection. Of course, you don't NEED the exact same brushes. These brushes just work well for me. 
   
- Lily

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. omg those tokidoki brushes are ADORABLE!!! :D ahhh!!! <3
    And I realllyyy want to try the F80, so many people rave about it! Not to mention that I actually don't own a decent foundation brush and just use my fingers atm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they? ^^
      The F80 is definitely worth it but a pain to clean.

      Delete
  2. I really need to upgrade my brushes! I'm currently eyeballing the Sigma ones, they seem to be really really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're okay. I just like the Sigmax collection. The natural hair brushes smell sooooo bad!

      Delete
  3. super agree on the brushes!! I love love my f80...and i really need to get one of those tokidoki brushes..^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the Tokidoki brushes soon since they're getting discontinued!!!

      Delete
  4. The Sigma brush looks amazing. I really need to get one soon!! I got the Tokidoki brushes after seeing your blog post about it ^-^ I haven't photograph them but I can't wait to use them because all of the brushes are too cute!!! I love how you edited the photos for the post too~~

    Dior's packaging do look a bit mature doesn't it?

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's great! I really hope you like them! Wonder if you're gonna do a review on them... ^^

      Delete
  5. These brushes look amazing! The eyeliner brush is super cute too :)
    http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, I totally love that Toki Doki brushes! I didn't see their brushes in Sephora before. Gaaahhhh. So gonna get them online. Too cute, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it isn't sold out! :o I love them sooo much ^^

      Delete
  7. Haha, I loved the gif on the beginning of this post!! I don't care too much for brushed but I always love reading yozur posts. You sound so happy when getting a good, new brush :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm freaking crazy about brushes! I don't know why though. I have waaayy too many brushes...

      Delete
  8. hello! i like your blog! im following you now on GFC, if you like my blog, follow me back please! XoXo

    www.shoesandbasics.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I was looking at your blog and I like it so much!
    Can we maybe follow each other? Let me know dear <3

    pearlinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome choices! I've always wanted a cute Tokidoki brush :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get them soon then! Before they get discontinued!!!

      Delete

Subscribe