Review: Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer 001

Monday, June 18, 2012

Hi everyone! How are you all doing today? Well short funny story that happened today. So today's Monday and I ended school last Thursday but my dad supposedly "forgot" that school ended so he woke me up at 7AM telling me "OH LILY! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" and I'm totally out of it in the morning and have no idea what's going on so I took a quick shower and went inside the car for my dad to drive me to school and then when we got to school my dad was like "Oh whoopsies! I forgot school ended last week! BWUAHAHAHA!". I was like "Are you kidding me..." Anyways, that is all!
So let's get on with the review part of this post. I bought this primer a couple months ago since I started wearing BB cream a bit more lately and wanted it to last a bit longer since it would always get hot around here and my foundation would just melt off even if I set it with powder so I went on the search for a primer.
I decided to hit the drugstores first before I hit Sephora and got some high end primer and I was on the search for the Rimmel primer in 002 which is the clear primer but sadly at my Target it was sold out and they didn't restock it for like, 3 days so I just bought 001 thinking there probably wasn't a difference.
I was really surprised when I took it out when I wanted to try it out and saw that it was orange! Well more like a peachy colour but you know what I mean. At first, I was like, "Did I buy a weird foundation instead?" and I looked at the bottle and it still said PRIMER so I guess it's supposed to have this peach colour?
So when I put it on, it did smoothen out my face. It didn't give me that silicon primer feel and it blended really easily with my fingers but fingers aren't really the best tools to apply primer since you don't want your fingers to get primed!

I looked at myself in my bathroom mirror and it made my skin orange tinted! I bought this around the winter time so my skin was a lot paler than I am now so I had to immediately take it off and waited to try it again once my skin got tanner. So I recently tried it again now that my skin is a bit tanner and it didn't make my face orange so I wouldn't recommend this if you are very pale.
I didn't notice this making my pores less visible but it did smoothen out my face so my foundation just smoothly and blended well into my skin.
Primers are supposed prolong the wear of your foundation. I think this did a really poor job at prolonging the wear of my foundation. Throughout the day, my BB cream still faded around the same time and I don't even put on a lot of BB cream to make it melt off! I hate the look of caked on foundation. But I guess the only good thing about this is that it makes my skin smoother but that's just it.

Likes:
- Makes my skin smoother
- Affordable

Not-so-likes:
- Chemical scent
- Weird peachy colour
- May make your skin orange if you are really pale
- Doesn't prolong foundation
- DOESN'T DO ANYTHING

So yeah, I wouldn't recommend this at all. I will still be on the search for a good drugstore primer before I buy the Skindinavia setting spray or the Laura Mercier primer. If you guys know any good drugstore primers that I can get around here, tell me please! I'm on a quest finding a drugstore primer!

Oh and I watched Bruce Almighty recently and it's my favourite movie yet! Here's my favourite scene:

Anyways, I'll see you guys later!

-Lily

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. aw that's sad it didn't work out for you :(
    I'm still on the hunt for a good primer too!
    And what BB creams do u use? :)

    OMG I would have so killed my dad if he did that to me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the Garnier BB cream (mixed with my moisturizer to make it less thick), Hana Premium BB cream, and Lioele Waterdrop BB cream. c:

      Delete
  2. love your blog so much! your so talented! i followed <3 do you think you could maybe follow me back? would love my blog to be as good as yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh I remember that happened to me one time...my parents just dragged me into the car and drove me off to school with me half asleep :P

    Isn't that primer more of a BB cream then o.o since it's tinted. I recommend Smashboxes photo finish primer :) it is expensive but works wonders!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha no, it wouldn't be a BB cream and if it was a BB cream, it would have sucked at that too because I don't want an orange BB cream. O_O

      Delete
  4. This primer sounds so strange since it's so dark and the colour is in 001 too. I haven't tried out any drugstore primers before.. my favourite primer has to be the Lauram Mercier one though.

    Bruce Almighty is one of my favourite movies!! My brother and I used to watch it together all the time. I haven't seen it in a while though, I want to watch it now ^-^

    Orange blush actually looks very pretty on yellow undertone skin (at least I think it's really pretty!!!). But I just need to be very careful not to apply too much.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am definitely interested in buying the Laura Mercier one :D

      Hm.. I'll try to see if I can buy the Etude blush in the orange colour online. It looks sooo cute!

      Delete
  5. Ahahaha I laughed my ass off of Bruce Allmighty XD My roommate now thinks I'm weird since we were supposed to do boring grammar.

    Oh and I did something similar, I once woke up on a Saturday I was totally convinced we had school, had breakfast, showered, went with my bycicle and then called my bf to ask him why I am the only one at school :'D Think that has to happen at least once in your life to be complete!

    The primer looks really weird, I'd also prefer a clear one :c Sad it didn't even work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this primer was so freaking weird. -___- lol I should have just waited.

      Delete
  6. Hey Lily, I finally created a blogger account! ^_^

    As for primer, I would recommend the E.L.F Mineral Infused Face Primer, its just that the packaging on that kinda sucks....it works pretty well though!

    -Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh I've seen those at my Target and a lot of girls were raving about but yeah, I heard the pump breaks! :o
      Congrats on your new blog! :DD

      Delete

Subscribe