REVIEW | Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Charm

Monday, June 11, 2012

Hi everyone! How have you all been doing? I heard a while ago that Revlon released a new product in their Just Bitten line and it is the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. I used to have the Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm which SUCKED so bad. The balm always fell off and it dried up for me so I'm happy they released something new in their line.
How much product you get
Now you probably right away know that this looks very similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks and the Tarte Lipsurgence. I used to have a sample of the Clinique Chubby Sticks and I must tell you, this is kinda a bit different. The Clinique Chubby Sticks are a bit more moisturizing and lasts a bit longer.
I got the colour in 035 Charm only because all the other colours were completely SOLD OUT. I was going to just wait until the next time I stop by my Target since I was kinda scared to try this colour out. I mean, on the packaging it looks like a super pale peach colour but I just sucked it up and bought it since I was DYING to try it.
Surprisingly I do like this colour. It's a kinda glossy (almost frosty looking) peach colour and I think it would look beautiful on pale skin colours with pale lips. The colour didn't come out as pigmented on my lips because I have pretty pigmented lips.
The packaging is pretty cute. It looks like a fat pencil or crayon and I like how you just screw the bottom and the product comes out. You don't have the find a sharpener for a fat pencil to get more product out.
BE AWARE that it has a minty scent and it feels very cooling on your lips.
Bare Lips
Although it does come out very pigmented at first, throughout the day it wears off and leaves just a stain to your lips which I don't mind at all but if you want the full pigmentation of this product, then I guess you should just carry this around in your makeup bag throughout the day.
I don't really like how the glossy finish almost looks frosty. That's the only kind of lipstick I will never try so if I want the full pigmentation of the colour but not the frosty finish, I'll just blot my lips with a tissue paper so I still get the stain.

 Likes:
- Big colour selection
- Mint scent
- Buildable
- Twistable pencil
- Cute packaging
- Other colours are very pigmented

 Dislikes:
- Dries throughout the day
- The frosty looking finish

Overall, I do like this product and I'm DYING to try more shades! If you haven't bought this yet, buy it now! I think you will all very much like this product and I think it's perfect for the summer time!

I'll see you guys later!
-Lily

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I saw the lip stains in my friend's makeup bag and she told me I should try them out. I'm really into peachy stains right now. Hmmm next time I stop by Walmart or Target I'll have to check the collection out~ thank you for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! LOL if you're lucky to actually find them at stores then buy as much as you can! Next time i go to Target, ima buy ALL of them just to piss people off.

      Delete
  2. It doesn't really look to pigmented to me, like, it's almost clear looking on your skin and lips. I can hardly tell the difference.^_^; but it looks super moisturzig, and if it's from clique, i'm sure it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In real life it's a bit more pigmented. But the other colours are VERRYY pigmented

      Delete
  3. I love peachy lips at the moment. Need to try these out!
    Great blog, I am now following!
    Katie xx

    Dreaming of Forever.
    http://dreamingofforeverxkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh looks interesting!! Colour looks nice.
    I'm not too fond of lip stains though.
    I wonder why I haven't seen this product yet? o_O I should look next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should be in drugstores soon :) But if they don't have it in Australia, I'll try to get some for your c:

      Delete
  5. been dying to try these! i love the color you picked up

    x Jordan
    - Boho Vanity -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't really like this colour as much as some of the other ones they sell.

      Delete
  6. The color you got is very pretty :)
    I'm a sucker for orangey/peach colors so I really want to try this out
    The cooling minty effect also sounds nice. Didn't know that before I read this xD

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe