New Drugstore BB Creams in the US! + Updates

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hi everyone! Just a quick update, I'm in New York! I'm going to be in New York for a while since I'm here for a fashion summer program at one of the best fashion colleges in the world! So I'm going to be pretty busy and won't be able to blog as much...
Just kidding! I do have some blog posts I've prewritten so I'll still be updating whenever I can!

But there's something I wanted to tell you guys about. There are more BB creams coming out in drugstores in the US!
First, Maybelline came out with their Dream Fresh BB cream and there are more shades in this BB cream than the Garnier BB cream. And there's shades for deep skin tones! If I ever have time to stop by the drugstores in NY, then I'm going to definitely pick this up!


Also, L'oreal finally released their Magic Skin Beautifier BB cream (that's a hell of a name). Something different about this is that it comes out white and then "blends" into your skin colour. My friend who's with me right now has this and she says she doesn't really like it. I tested it out and I have no idea what to say about this.
It doesn't have enough coverage to be considered a BB cream. Seriously America, BB creams are NOT tinted moisturizers! And this isn't really that moisturizing. And it only has SPF 12 which is like no sun protection. You need to wear at least SPF 30 if you want sun protection. I'm not saying this is bad since I only tested it out once but I think there are better BB creams in the market.


So yeah, I've practically given up on most of the drugstore BB creams here in America since they aren't really BB creams in my opinion but hopefully Maybelline can change my mind that there is hope in drugstore BB creams.

Have you tried any of these BB creams? Are you going to? What are your thoughts?

Anyways, I'll see you guys later! And if you want to see my pictures in New York, follow me on Instagram! @thelilyhong


-Lily

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. i totally agree- i don't find these American ones to be as great as the original ones. i think they are trying but it's just not working, i haven't heard great things about any of them.

    x Jordan
    - Boho Vanity -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I mean, they work great as tinted moisturizers but I hate how the fact that they just slapped on the BB cream name on it. Even the Covergirl tinted moisturizer, they changed the name to the Covergirl BB cream -___-

      Delete
  2. Hey, you changed your blog layout it looks cute :)! I didn't know they released these, I want to test out swatches for myself. I hope you have fun in New York. Do share your experience there if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D But it's still not as cute as your blog layout.

      Delete
  3. The Dream Fresh BB cream packaging looks so cute!
    I think American BB creams are more like tinted moisturizers though ahaha xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it looks so cute! I only wanna get it for the packaging. ^^
      Yeah, the American BB creams are like thick tinted moisturizers. -__- i hate it

      Delete
  4. Ohh I hope we will get some more BB creams soon in Germany! >< Although I'm pretty sure that they might be a failure and are therefore no good. It can't be that hard to make, can it? <: Oh and wow, please report about the fashon collage, I would love to hear about what you are doing there :) Are you studying fashion or what? Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just learning about fashion design and studying about fashion and we might make our own clothes. :)
      I think only the high end American BB creams are decent. The ones in drugstores are crap :/

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried out any of the American BB creams but I do know they exist! BB creams in my opinion aren't tinted moisturizers since they cover your skin to lessen the appearance of blemishes and do cause your skin to break out sometimes. Have fun in NY :D take pictures and show us~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! America needs to remake their BB creams because they're waaaaaaaaay too sheer to be a BB cream.

      Delete
  6. I rather stick to asian bb creams after my bad experience with Garnier :P
    But the maybelline one looks interesting!
    OOH fashion program ?? :D awesome that sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the Maybelline one is good! Because the rest were pretty crappy to be a BB cream.

      Delete
  7. It's weird how after Garnier all the drugstore brands are launching BB creams! I'm kind happy about it because it was finally time for something like this to invade Europe/USA. I will be on the look out for the Maybelline BB cream! And I still haven't seen the L'Oreal one yet, I hope they come here soon too! C:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy they're releasing "BB creams" too! But they're waaay too sheer to be BB creams. :/

      Delete
  8. Lucky you're going New york! Have a wonderful time there. :)

    I like the packaging so far, but yeah like u said, not too fond of American BB cream. I shall see what other beauty reviewers have to say about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think Musing of a Muse has all the reviews on these BB creams so check her out!

      Delete
  9. Eh....I hate how all the American brands think that BB creams are the same as Tinted Moisturizers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Seriously, the need to redo the whole "BB cream" stuff they're selling and improve it

      Delete

Subscribe