NYX Nude on Nude Palette // Review & SwatchesSunday, May 20, 2012
I know I reviewed the NYX Champagne & Caviar palette hoping to find a really good affordable natural palette and as you know from my review, that was a big fail for me. A lot of you guys were probably let down because you were probably hoping for a good natural palette so I'm going to do a review on a palette that is just beyond amazing and yet, affordable.
I've had the NYX Nude on Nude palette for a couple of months and I have not been disappointed. This is probably one of the best palettes NYX has ever made. I got this from beautyjoint.com when they had this on a discount but they don't anymore. But I'm sure you can find this palette at a discount.
I'm telling you, this is probably one of the closest dupes you'll find of the Urban Decay Naked palette but you're getting even MORE in this palette.
Here is a look I created:
- Pat the gold colour all over the lid. Don't go above the crease.
- Blend the brown with gold shimmers (use only a little) on the outer V.
- Use the matte brown to define the crease.
- Blend the same gold shadow on the lower lashline and the brown on the outer corner of the lower lashline.
- Apply a winged eyeliner
- Curl lashes and apply mascara.
- You get more for your money!
- Super duper pigmented
- Great range of colours
- Additional lip palette (if you have use for it)
Not so likes:
- Matte colours are a bit chalky
Overall, I think this palette is great and I reach for this every time I have to go somewhere nice like an art show, dinner date, dance, etc. If you can't afford the Naked palette or you don't want to splurge your money on that palette, I would definitely go for the NYX Nude on Nude palette.
Hope you guys enjoy this review!
And make sure to enter my giveaway!