NYX Nude on Nude Palette // Review & Swatches

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hi everyone!  Time for another review!
I know I reviewed the NYX Champagne & Caviar palette hoping to find a really good affordable natural palette and as you know from my review, that was a big fail for me. A lot of you guys were probably let down because you were probably hoping for a good natural palette so I'm going to do a review on a palette that is just beyond amazing and yet, affordable.
I've had the NYX Nude on Nude palette for a couple of months and I have not been disappointed. This is probably one of the best palettes NYX has ever made. I got this from beautyjoint.com when they had this on a discount but they don't anymore. But I'm sure you can find this palette at a discount.
I'm telling you, this is probably one of the closest dupes you'll find of the Urban Decay Naked palette but you're getting even MORE in this palette.
This palette has 6 more shadows than the UD Naked palette so all in all you get 20 shadows. Maybe the quality isn't as great as the Naked palette but it's still pretty good. You get little to no fall outs with these eyeshadows. The matte colours are still a bit chalky but the shimmery colours and the metallics are the ones I'm really impressed with. All of the shadows have really great pigmentation for what your money's worth.
Also, if you open the little drawer on the bottom, a lipstick palette will appear and you get 10 different lip colours. They're okay but not great. I only used it when I didn't have lipsicks of my own but now I have a bigger collection so I never reach for this.


As you can tell by the swatches, all these colours are very vibrant and you can create different looks ranging from natural everyday looks to clubbing looks or work looks. There's an endless possibility!

Here is a look I created:
- Use the lightest shimmery champagne colour to highlight the inner corners and brow bones.
- Pat the gold colour all over the lid. Don't go above the crease.
- Blend the brown with gold shimmers (use only a little) on the outer V.
- Use the matte brown to define the crease.
- Blend the same gold shadow on the lower lashline and the brown on the outer corner of the lower lashline.
- Apply a winged eyeliner
- Curl lashes and apply mascara.

image Likes: 
- You get more for your money!
- Super duper pigmented
- Great range of colours
- Additional lip palette (if you have use for it)

 Not so likes:
- Matte colours are a bit chalky

Overall, I think this palette is great and I reach for this every time I have to go somewhere nice like an art show, dinner date, dance, etc. If you can't afford the Naked palette or you don't want to splurge your money on that palette, I would definitely go for the NYX Nude on Nude palette.

Hope you guys enjoy this review!

And make sure to enter my giveaway!

[ HAUTED0LL ]

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. How much is this palette? I'd so so so so love to have it but I can't lay my hands on that! There's no NYX in Germany and there is NYX in Japan but they only have the glitter palettes and no normal eyeshadows or other palettes.... sad Sam is sad now.

    P.S. I do love the Snorlax on your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's around $25 :) I've checked online for you and I found it on discount on PorkDaisy.com and they ship internationally.

      And thanks. ^^ Snorlax is my favourite

      Delete
    2. Oh you're such a sweetheart, thanks for searching! :) I'll take a look tomorrow at a shop nearby which sells NYX but they never seem to have the ones I really want T_T" If not, I'll order them online :D

      I'm a total hooker for all the fire type ones like charmander or rapidash <:

      Delete
  2. Wow the colours look great!! Like the NAKED palettes but MORE :O! They look pretty pigmented too.
    Hehe snorlax... i like Shaymin >:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaymin is so adorable! but the sky form looks weird o_o ahaha

      Delete
  3. Ohmygawd your eyeliner is just perfect, girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review!! I work at Ulta and we can't keep this in stock. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really means a lot. :3 Oooh you get to work at a makeup store. That must be awesome!

      Delete
  5. Hey I nominated you for most versatile blogger award!
    Check out my page for more info!
    bloomingclothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the nomination!

      Delete
  6. Ooh I love the Naked palette! I've never tried NYX I'll have to give it a go xx

    {Satin&Souffles}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you do! NYX is an AMAZING brand :D

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for the reviews and swatches...I'm planning to purchase this online but I want to see some actual swatches before getting them.. So far, I'm liking the shades and all! I'm so going to get one now! btw, great blog and followed you ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! ^^ I hope you love your palette as much as I do :D And thanks for the follow ^^ <3

      Delete

Subscribe