My Favourite Nude(ish) Lipsticks

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hi everyone! Hope you all like the kinda new layout. And yes, I did draw the header.
Anyways, time for me to talk about something I have never ever talked about: lipsticks. 

There's two things I told myself that I would never wear on my face: blush and lipstick. You all know my story about blushes. A lot of girls at my school overdo their blush and ever since then, I had blushophobia. But no one ever knew my story about lipstick. It's simple, I always got scared that it might get in my teeth. But yeah, that's the story. But now I guess I have a good collection of lipsticks and here I am showing you some of my favourite nude lipsticks.
First is the L'oreal Colour Riche Le Balm in Caramel Comfort. I just recently got this if you saw my haul post. I have been trying this everyday since I got it. First I must say, it's not my FAVOURITE but I still like it. I wish I got a different colour though. I need to stop just sticking with my nude colours. The colour is just like my lip colour but better. It is pretty moisturising and even more moisturising than some of my lip balms. But the thing that really bugs me is the stay power. I notice myself all day constantly reapplying this. I guess it would be okay if you're just going out for a little bit but still want to look nice. Again, not really my favourite but I still like it.

Next up is NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm. This is just a cream, what else can I say? It's not sticky and it applies very well. It doesn't even feel like you're wearing anything on your lips. And I absolutely love the matte finish it has. Just make sure you don't apply too much. But I don't really like to wear this on colder weathers because it tends to dry. Also it does kinda emphasize the lines in your lips but that hasn't been showing up lately on me because I exfoliate my lips. so make sure if you have this, use a good lip exfoliator.

This lipstick is the first nudeish lipstick I have ever bought and it is Kate Moss for Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in 14. The Lasting Finish lipsticks are actually my favourite lipsticks ever. They're very opaque and apply very smoothly and is still hydrating. It does have this plastic kinda scent to it but I don't really mind it. I feel like this colour looks great but it may not match a lot of people. I think this lipstick would look good on olive skin tones. If you don't have an olive skin tone, it might make you look like a ghost.

Last but not least is my favourite nude lipstick ever ever ever: Wet N Wild's Bare It All. This is a very opaque and matte nude lipstick (something I just LOVE). This just goes great with my skin colour and just brightens up my face when I wear this even though it's a nude. Although it's a bit drying, I can deal with it. I just make sure to always wear a lip balm under (which you should do anyways).

From left to right: L'oreal, NYX, Rimmel, Wet N Wild
I am wearing Wet N Wild's Bare it All
Now tell me guys, what is one lipstick you just L-O-V-E? Like cannot live without? I'd love to know! I'm always on the search for new lipsticks since I just started building up my lipstick collection.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I'll talk to you guys later!

-Lily

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I love nude lipsticks! I'll have to give the ones you suggested a try. I can't live without my lip balm, revlon lip butters or the dior lip serum. I highly recommend them and they come in all sorts of shades including nudes~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the recommendations! I've always wanted to try the Dior lippies like the Dior Addict lipsticks. I'll definitely check out the Revlon lip butters though! I need to do a comparison review with the Revlon and L'oreal. :)

      Delete
  2. Whoa, they are gorgeous colours and look great on you! I'll make sure to invest in a few nude lipsticks while I'm in Korea ^^
    I feel that they make me look like a zombie because of my skin tan :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never pull off nude... makes me look dead :/ but the lipsticks look lovely!
    I'm always paranoid about lipstick on my teeth... even tinted lip balms get on my teeth and it's really embarassing when my friends point it out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I always thought nude lipsticks would make me look dead too but I always make sure to choose a pretty mauve tones nude. :)

      Delete
  4. I..... hate lipsticks. I'm kinda afraid of using them, I don't know. I'm 22, soon 23, and I never used a lipstick once in my life (except for halloween when my mom pretended that witches NEED black lipstick!!) I recently got more interested and may try some soon. (But I'm totally afraid of picking the wrong color..) I do love lipgloss though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I guess I'm not the only one that was scared of wearing lipsick. :o
      If you go to a place where you can test out the lipsticks before you buy, test it out! But sadly at drugstores (where I usually buy my cheapo makeup)I can never try it out. :/ But I've gotten good luck on the ones I bought so far! :D

      Delete
  5. Lipsticks and blushes are my favourite makeup items!! But I do have a fear of lipsticks getting on my teeth and me over-doing it on the blush... When I am wearing brighter lipsticks, I just try to check it every once in a while with a little mirror. For blushes, I just check it under sunlight with a mirror (I do my makeup in my room and lighting in there is crappy.

    I rotate my lipsticks regularly and I don't think there is one that I can't live without. My favourites at the moment are Chanel Rouge Coco shine in the colour Chance and the Etude House Miss Tangerine Sweet Shower Lips in Shiny Pink Shower, I have had them in my everyday makeup bag for ages!

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been DYING to try the stuff from the Miss Tangerine line. D; It looks soo nice. And I love Sandara <3

      Delete
  6. Hey!

    I love this blog post! Have you tried the Revlon Lip Butters? I'm currently saving up for Lollipop and Brown Sugar which makes a great nude on my medium skintone! Just followed ur blog, do follow me back at dramaticyaduthedramaqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Revlon lip butters but I'm definitely going to try them out soon! :3

      Delete
  7. I dont usually wear lipsticks more of a lipbalm girl. I been looking for a nude semi-matte lipstick, you have any recommendation?

    xo kerker
    The Ugly Moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... not really sure about semi matte lipsticks but I think Decollete from the Sephora collection is a really nice nude colour with a hint of pink.
      Or you should definitely check out the nude lipstick shades from Rimmel. They're super duper moisturizing and creamy.
      Hope I helped! ^^

      Delete

Subscribe