Mini NYX Haul (●ω●)

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hi everyone! 
Oh my gosh, I am sososososo sorry about not blogging lately.  Spring break was last week for me and all I did was play Pokemon White that whole week and I forgot all about blogging. I am soo sorry! This will never happen again.

Anyways, I stopped by Ulta for the first time in a year and decided to buy some NYX stuff.

I heard many people raving about the blushes by NYX and I only tried one (HD Grinding Blush) which I didn't really like so I decided to try the powder blush. I got the colour in Nutmeg because it looked similar to my Estee Lauder blush in Nude Rose. It's such a pretty natural colour and the best part is, it's matte.

One of my favourite bloggers have recommended these NYX Black Label lipsticks to me and I just wanted a pop of colour in my collection so I got the colour in That 70s Pink which is named after one of my favourite shows That 70s Show. Even though they call it a pink, it's more of a fuchsia with tiny blue sparkles in it which isn't really noticeable unless close up.
The formula is suuuuuuuuper creamy and moisturising. Probably even more moisturising than my Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick but since this was so creamy, the lipstick bullet broke so I just depotted the whole thing.

Another lip product that I have been recommended was the Soft Matte Lip Cream and I got it in Stockholm which is the most perfect nude colour ever. And you guys know how much I love my nude colours.
It's soooo silky and lightweight and it has such a natural looking finish. Looks like you aren't even wearing lipstick unless you get one of the bright colours.

Finally I got the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder. This has been on my wishlist forever! Black/Grey is the perfect match for my brows and the wax that comes with it is great! But as you can see, I changed the brush that comes with it. I replaced it with my Milani brow brush. The brush that came with the NYX one was just crap. It was too stiff and scratchy and all it could do was flick powder everywhere. But the spoolie is good so don't throw that away.

And finally, I bought the 10 Color palette in Caviar and Bubbles (it used to be called Champagne and Caviar but I don't know why they changed the name). I like some of the colours in this palette. I LOVE how it has a matte white, matte brown, and a matte black but some of the shimmery colours are repeated in this palette. It's called a 10 Color palette not 6.
The texture is soft but kind of a bit too soft. And the same as my previous 10 color palette, it's kinda too powdery so there is quite a bit of fallout but I just use my fingers to put on the eyeshadow so there is minimal fallout.

Again, I am suuuuuuuuper duuuper sorry about not blogging lately. This will not happen again!

Anyways, if you have any NYX products you recommend please let me know! I am always happy to try more NYX products.

 Well, time for my nap time. I'll see you guys later!

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. i'm dying to try the soft matte lip creams- all the colors are sooo pretty! nice haul :)

    Jordan xx
    - Boho Vanity Giveaway -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try it! :D I looove it so much! I need to get more colours. c:

      Delete
  2. I know that feeling: everytime I play Pokemon, I forget the world around me. haha
    I'm interested in 10 Color palette :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? LOL.
      You should get it! The palette's good for the price c: but the shadows are sooo powdery xp

      Delete
  3. Nyx seems to have some very good quality yet affordable product. Such a bummer that I can't get it where I live >___< The 10 colour palette looks so good!!

    xoxo
    Lizzo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had NYX were i live, it looks so amazing and the reviews are ace!

    http://georgialouisa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but you guys get Sleek makeup and all other great makeup! You lucky butts :/

      Delete
  5. wow, wish i have all of those!

    thestatuesquecanvas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm noooot so quite sure whether I like the NYX stuff or not, the things I tried were kinda not so super-long lasting... but the nude lipstick cream caught my eye and if you recommend it I definitely give it a try! Sounds promising after all. How opaque are the eyeshadows? I have a BYS eyeshadow but I really need a loooot of color until I reach the color of the package :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend the soft matte lip creams and recently NYX came out with something called Xtreme lip creams which I think has more of a shiny finish? But I totally recommend the lip creams! :D They're freaking amazing! But if you're still a little bit skeptical about their stuff, do research and look up reviews!
      The NYX shadows, I haven't really tried a lot of their shadows except for the ones in their 10 color shadow palettes and I think they're okay. The palette is good for it's price (although it may be different where you live) but it's not that special. But one palette I do recommend is the NYX Nude on Nude palette. :) Super duper pigmented! I'll do a review post if you want to see for youself. :D

      Delete
    2. Wow, thanks for the detailed advice! I think I will get some stuff on Saturday since I still have some April discount vouchers! :D I really do need some nude colors since I mostly fell with the super bright opaque ones when browsing through the stores... so it's time to cut it and to focus on more daily-suited colors. Think I will stock some things since we don't have NYX where I usually live!

      Oh and I just saw you followed my German blog; since I assume you may not understand German I added the English version of it to my profile; I totally forgot and keep wondering why only the German blog gains readers XD Dumb me. Look forward for more reviews coming soon from you (:

      Delete
  7. :D How cool, do you often play video games? I enjoyed my vacation playing zelda xD the lipstick looks very nice, I´m always searching for moisturizing ones, since my lips tend to me so dry :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I play Pokemon aaallll the time. It's sort of a bad habit. :/ lol.
      The NYX Black Label lipstick is suuuper moisturizing but I totally recommend the Rimmel Lasting Finish lipsticks since they are super moisturizing and long lasting. And affordable :)

      Delete
  8. I just started following your blog & i adore it.
    this year i am trying to make my dreams come true.

    follow back please?
    thank you <3 :)
    http://obsesspresh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice little haul :D

    http://littleturtlethings.blogspot.fr/
    Turtle <3

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe