$1 MIRACLE! ELF Eyelid Primer

Monday, April 09, 2012

Herroooooo mah peopre~! Time for another long awaited review post!

Recently, I ran out of the sample I got of the Nars Smudge Proof eyeshadow base which was amazing but me being just a beginner in makeup and a total cheapskate, I'm not willing to pay $24 for the primer. Maybe in the future? So I decided to go on the search for a good eyeshadow primer for cheap and when I came across this ONE DOLLAR eyeshadow primer from ELF at Target, how could I resist?
I guess you can say I was a little stereotypical with this product. I thought since it's only $1, it wasn't going to do much.

What I'm looking for in an eyeshadow primer is:
- Making my eyeshadow last longer
- Making my eyeliner (yes my eyeliner) not crease
- Easy to blend
- No smudging
- Better colour payoff

It has a doe foot applicator which I don't really use directly on my eyes. I just put some on the back of my hand and then use my finger to put it on my eye since I hate how unsanitary it is just applying on and on and on, over and over again on your eye everyday. You know how many germs gets on your eye?
And the thing with these kind of packaged primers is that the doe foot applicator doesn't get ALL of the product out. That's why so many people depot their primers and why Urban Decay came out with the squeezy tubes of their primer potion.

Anywaays, I have pretty oily lids. Throughout the day, sometimes when I use black eyeshadow as an eyeliner, it starts to fade away and kinda creases since I have a crease on my lash line kinda. And when I use a liquid eyeliner, it flakes off and creases.
I only use a little teeny bit of this on my eye and it makes my eyeliner last all freaking day!


Unlike my Nars primer, the ELF one has a little bit of colour. You can't notice it unless you look REALLY close to your eye but it does make my skin look a bit lighter. The texture is lighter than the Nars primer. It does feel a bit greasy/sticky but after it dries a bit, it's no problem but when it's greasy, that's what makes your eyeshadow more vibrant.
It does take a LITTLE bit longer to blend it but that's like, what, one second longer than it takes for me to blend in my Nars?

(Left: W/O Primer; Right: With Primer)
Here I swatched my Urban Decay Perversion shadow which is a matte black. This isn't the blackest black shadow I own. But you can see that it goes on a lot smoother and richer with the primer.
 So for only one dollar, this really is "a bang for your buck" (there I go saying that term again).

 Likes:
- Super cheapo! ONE DOLLAR! :oooooo
- Light texture
- Makes my eyeshadow and eyeliner last longer and a lot more pigmented!
- No smudging!

 Not so likes:
- Unsanitary applicator
- Kinda greasy
- Light funky smell

Overall, I'll probably repurchase this over and over again once I run out of this. Maybe I'll giveaway some of these primers in a later giveaway?

See you guys later! Oh yeah, thank you guys so much for almost 60 followers!

Anyways, see you!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Such a nice purchase. $1? I which it was the same here in Portugal, but every make up stuff is expensive.

    I use Urban Decay Primer Potion, just for my eyeliner. I hate when it starts to crease and to fade away specially in summer D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think you can purchase this online at eyeslipsface.com c:
      i heard the UD primer potion in Eden is a little bit dryer so maybe it's help keep your eyeliner on longer? ahaha i'm not sure :/

      Delete
  2. i'm a sucker for e.l.f.- they may not be the absolute best but can't beat the prices!

    Jordan xx
    - Boho Vanity Giveaway -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I so wish that I was in the States so that I could buy that cheap makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like elf products! I think if you do research and take time on the website you can come out with some good products for cheap! I'll have to check out the primer next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. $1? Really interesting! I might try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this to replace my urban decay & I haven't used it yet, but I did hear lots of good reviews of it! Hope you will check out my newest post & follow :) Thanks for your last comment on my blog!

    TheShopaholic247

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually buy expensive primers but after yuour review I may buy one of these.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts really helpful :)

    http://beautyaddictsguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe