MyGlam? More like MySCAM!

Friday, March 23, 2012

You all know about those monthly beauty sample boxes that people have been subscribing to and raving about lately? Like Birchbox, Glossy Box, and all that other stuff. I finally decided to hop on the bandwagon and subscribed to a monthly beauty sample box and I decided to subscribe to MyGlam just because I heard a lot of great stuff about the first Glam Bag and it came with really nice full sized products too.

I honestly have nothing good to say about this.

MyGlam first makes you take a personality quiz to help personalize your samples which I think is bull crap. I took the quiz numerous times and they still choose the same samples. Nothing different. So what's the point of the quiz if you're just sending them the exact same samples to everyone? This is just a gimmick.

Shipping wasn't that much of a problem for me but I checked the MyGlam Facebook page and there were sooo many wall posts on it that were getting ignored saying that they haven't even received the Glam bag from January! Can you believe that? Where is Michelle Phan and the other MyGlam girls to help them out? What's the point in having the fan page if they don't even respond to the people who are putting 10 dollars in their wallet?

So after a few weeks, I checked my mailbox and was so glad to see a bright pink package! When I grabbed it, I noticed how light it was so I opened it right away and saw that it was empty! No bag, no samples, no nothing! You have nooo idea how pissed I was! And I checked the MyGlam Facebook page again and saw someone's post and saw I wasn't the only one with this problem.


I have contacted MyGlam but I am still waiting for a reply... this is just unacceptable.

I highly do not recommend subscribing to MyGlam, better yet, don't subscribe to these beauty box samples. Just save your money and get something nice for yourself. You can probably just get free samples at department stores and Sephora.

Look at them.... just smiling because they made tons of money from scamming their fans.

If you have better luck than me with MyGlam, good for you! I'm jealous.. I really wished I could have tried their samples but they just left me disappointed..

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. wow i cant believe they sent an empty bag. Im so disappointed with them.. im afraid once i cancel they wont know how to process it, and i will keep getting billed. They dont have their stuff together over there.. blah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right?? they're just crazy.. my friend unsubscribed after january and for some reason they still sent her their february bag and march bag while other people who are still paying for their glam bags aren't even receiving theirs! sigh.. they need to get their crap together or else they're gonna get out of business soon

      Delete
  2. YES I saw the thing about Xout... so bizarre!! Don't tell me that they're difficult to cancel with :/ I was going to cancel this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG LOLZ, I've read their promotion page about the boxes, lucky me I didn't subscribe to anything! oh my, I feel bad for you though >.< hope this sorta things won't happen again in the future <3

    and lmaooo... they sent you an empty bag, it must be a big scam~!!!! can't believe they will do that though o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that's unbelieveable to here! i was actually thinking about subscribing to myglam too because i heard good things about it..and i am not one to jump on the bandwagon for everything. thank gosh you posted this~~

    cool blog btw. keep in touch! ;)

    -Joyce
    carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya myglam is in no way comparable to the other sample boxes out there. i doubt they will be in business that much longer! check this one out: http://www.ekiblog.com/2012/02/my-glam-bag-issue-false-relabeled.html
    they reused cindy crawford products and slapped another label on them, and sent it in all the bags! i don't know how people get away with this.. thanks for being so honest xx

    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! i saw that! lol i still remember iQQU and how people started reporting it for bad products and how Michelle Phan totally abandoned it after that and now myglam is getting reported for scam and she'll probably abandon that too sooner or later.

      Delete
  6. I love your honest!! You know what these sample boxes are all hit and mix. I read all sorts of super negative and super positive reviews about all of them. I took a chance and tried Lusthaveit and have had no problem so far, but their brands are not as high profile as some others like Glossybox...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get Glossybox here! But all we have is Birchbox and eh, I don't really like Birchbox that much. :/

      Delete
  7. i never liked the idea of myglambag, so far i've seen only cheap brands in there, they're already racking in money from youtube and they want more? anyway now following your blog! hope we can be friends ^_^

    xx
    Jill
    hope you stop by mine~
    http://aquaknockout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um I understand your anger but saying 'where is michelle phan and all the other gurus to help them out? That's just.. ignorant. The gurus advertise, they don't partake in the management/distribution of the products. That's left up to managers, supervisors, BASICALLY, 'office workers.' That's like if Victoria's Secret sells defected bras and you asking why Adriana Lima isn't stepping in to help.. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is horrible, did they resolve the issue? I noticed that with the screenshot of the Facebook post you put up, the first commenter is that girl who scammed someone on youtube with a makeup swap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle Phan gets so many free products from beauty companies - and then she sells them in thiese bags to her fans. I worked for this company, and her people kept asking us for more and more products (we were hoping she would review on her youtube channel - and she never did)...and then all the products we sent her wound up in these bags! She is gross ! Unethical

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe